Should the Union be FT only?

F

Frankie's Friend

You don't have Telematics on the farm...

Yes we do
20180617_202030.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

I think they do. The drivers walking out at 4:30 seem a lot happier then the ones walking out at 8:00.
16:30?
Only a small percentage of drivers get off here before 18:00.

In a bonus center not far from us they burn it to punch out early but most of the drivers I know want the OT. Few turn and burn here and normally it's the lower seniority drivers who are still trying to qualify after driving 2 yrs.
SMH

Shift 2

Working 3 hours a day isn't the same as working 8+

Sorry try again.
That’s the thing your not gonna get paid for 8 hrs of work. You don’t need anything but a h.s. Level education to work full time in the building. No cdl or any special licensing and most ft inside workers work on the bulk belt, yard shift, or porter work I can do any of those jobs for a 12 hr day and feel rested. There aren’t many ft employees working in the unload 8 hrs a day throwing boxes

That’s the thing your not gonna get paid for 8 hrs of work. You don’t need anything but a h.s. Level education to work full time in the building. No cdl or any special licensing and most ft inside workers work on the bulk belt, yard shift, or porter work I can do any of those jobs for a 12 hr day and feel rested. There aren’t many ft employees working in the unload 8 hrs a day throwing boxes
You need a good work ethic and a set of balls.

Good luck in your part time career

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah, they're usually at top scale and file 9.5. The rest of us still cling to the hope that the big money will make it all worth it.
Lol. Worth is a fluid term.

What is worth hardly ever eating with your wife and children?

It has been said that the worth of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

When I was hired the dispatch got almost everyone in and off the clock by 18:00 -18:30 as an average.

Not anymore.

Instead of boiling the (new) frogs slowly it seems now they just drop them in the water as it's boiling.

Burn us all out it's ok. No one cares because those in control never worked like we do today unless they just came out of driving for 10+ yrs.

Different perspectives come at different eras of your career as a driver.

Poop Head

Judge me.
As far as inside jobs go, most PT workers work twice as hard and for 1/3 of the pay of a FT
Well they work for half the time, so does that make them four times as stupid?

I think your confusing pt at UPS with working as a cashier somewhere for 15 hours a week. I averaged just over 30 hrs a week last year including peak pt alone. Most of it loading 1000 pieces and walking 5+ miles daily. Not sure where this 3 hour a day cake walk idea you got is from, maybe your in a tiny facility.
5 miles? I hope your little tootsies are ok

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lol. Worth is a fluid term.

What is worth hardly ever eating with your wife and children?

It has been said that the worth of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

When I was hired the dispatch got almost everyone in and off the clock by 18:00 -18:30 as an average.

Not anymore.

Instead of boiling the (new) frogs slowly it seems now they just drop them in the water as it's boiling.

Burn us all out it's ok. No one cares because those in control never worked like we do today unless they just came out of driving for 10+ yrs.

Different perspectives come at different eras of your career as a driver.

I get all that. I was trying to give your funny question a funny answer.

16:30?
Only a small percentage of drivers get off here before 18:00.

In a bonus center not far from us they burn it to punch out early but most of the drivers I know want the OT. Few turn and burn here and normally it's the lower seniority drivers who are still trying to qualify after driving 2 yrs.
SMH
In a bonus center you still earn OT. The only difference being you are on OT while driving home or sitting at the bar during happy hour.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I throw up 10,000lb cans around for 8+ hours a night. Rewarded HANDSOMELY for it. Granted it's not always balls to the wall. Thursdays are brutal.

dogs.bite.me

That's funny. And i get it. I have a 24 year old roommate who didn't know that we have to take our trash to the curb ourselves. He thought the landlord was responsible for that! Hahaha

And he doesn't help clean the house. Grrrr. I'm 33 so I don't think I technically count as an official millennial. But I don't care too much about that. There are good and bad people in every generation.
I feel the same way, around the same age.

I thought we were generation x or some crap.

Yolo

The part timers making minimum wage and have zero benefits would love to not be forced into a union that negotiated their slave labor wages.

retired2000

It happened with the strike in the 70’s and it is the worst thing we did back then was to allow part timers ups has not been the same

It happened with the strike in the 70’s and it is the worst thing we did back then was to allow part timers ups has not been the same
I believe it was negotiated in the 60's with the agreement that PT would make the same wages as FT. The Teamsters doubled and tripled the number of Union members paying Union dues every month.