Show up to work on time BONUS

SweatPit

i won't bite
So new inside employees in our hub get a $125 bonus EVERY WEEK just for showing up to work on time! I have been following this since the inception in May/June of 2017. I thought it was just a little incentive to keep new hires to stay for a while. There was a big grievance on it I would say in January or so of this year and of course the Union lost.. Mainly over the fact that this "bonus" was not given to each and every employee that showed up to work during their 5 day work week. Essentially these new hires were making more then an inside employee who had been with the company 5 years!

The company was supposed to stop giving this bonus at the start of the new year. But that never happened. Well I have spoke to employees that have been with the company over a year now and they still receive this bonus for showing up to work! Now I read that they are going to end it once the contract ratifies. So I filed a griveance on it and I believe everyone should. WE SHOULD ALL GET THIS BONUS!

Now pass me more champagne

brown_trousers

So new inside employees in our hub get a $125 bonus EVERY WEEK just for showing up to work on time! I have been following this since the inception in May/June of 2017. I thought it was just a little incentive to keep new hires to stay for a while. There was a big grievance on it I would say in January or so of this year and of course the Union lost.. Mainly over the fact that this "bonus" was not given to each and every employee that showed up to work during their 5 day work week. Essentially these new hires were making more then an inside employee who had been with the company 5 years!

The company was supposed to stop giving this bonus at the start of the new year. But that never happened. Well I have spoke to employees that have been with the company over a year now and they still receive this bonus for showing up to work! Now I read that they are going to end it once the contract ratifies. So I filed a griveance on it and I believe everyone should. WE SHOULD ALL GET THIS BONUS!

If the issue has already been decided in arbitration. Its a done deal. No sense in grieving an issue that has already been decided upon

WorkingAsDirected

If the issue has already been decided in arbitration. Its a done deal. No sense in grieving an issue that has already been decided upon

I've made many posts on this topic. Does one arbitration decision at their local apply to every local which may have stronger language in their contract against bonuses? No one seems to know. The new P/T are making more than the P/T with 12 years of service if you account for the retro pay and bonus.

Yolo

The union negotated pay rates for part timers were so incredibly low that UPS had to add an incentive to fill the job openings.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

@Indecisi0n wants to know if that’s you in your avatar

(He’s shy)

The union negotated pay rates for part timers were so incredibly low that UPS had to add an incentive to fill the job openings.
Hard to believe the Union caved on the $15/hr starting rate when they are already paying new hires $15 to $20/hr when you include the show up bonus. Says a lot about what UPS and the Union think about experienced and loyal Union workers.

542thruNthru

Hard to believe the Union caved on the $15/hr starting rate when they are already paying new hires $15 to $20/hr when you include the show up bonus. Says a lot about what UPS and the Union think about experienced and loyal Union workers.

It's different across the country. I'm in California and minimum wage is 11.50 here. We still get plenty of people apply and have never had a bonus. Such a wide range in min wage across the country.

It's different across the country. I'm in California and minimum wage is 11.50 here. We still get plenty of people apply and have never had a bonus. Such a wide range in min wage across the country.
I live in the midwest and minimum wage is $7.65/hr and UPS is paying a $100/wk show up bonus for the Midnight and preload sorts. Fast food places are advertising $9, $10 and even $11/hr. New hires are saying if they lose the bonus they will just work somewhere else.

542thruNthru

I live in the midwest and minimum wage is $7.65/hr and UPS is paying a $100/wk show up bonus for the Midnight and preload sorts. Fast food places are advertising $9, $10 and even $11/hr. New hires are saying if they lose the bonus they will just work somewhere else.

It's just strange that we don't have the same problem in my building and McDonald's pays the same as us. I'm sure that days coming though.

km3

And then they came to us with an offer for $13.00/hr. Puzzling...I wouldn't be surprised if the company wanted to go higher than $13, and the union put a stop to it. I don't know who my friends are anymore. I know who they're supposed to be, but I don't know who they are...

rod

Retired 22 years
Is this retroactive? In that case they owe me 30 years worth of on time bonus except for maybe 2 or 3 days at the most. I fail to see why the company should even offer it. You have a job--get to work on time.

Is this retroactive? In that case they owe me 30 years worth of on time bonus except for maybe 2 or 3 days at the most. I fail to see why the company should even offer it. You have a job--get to work on time.
Because most qualified employees can make more money elsewhere. Not your UPS any more. My area struggled for years to hire a qualified mechanic because of the low starting wages and 4 year progression. I believe UPS is paying like $600?wk bonus just to get quality people to apply.

F

Frankie's Friend

What happened to the article that said no new incentive (bonus) plans will be offered?

SweatPit

i won't bite
What happened to the article that said no new incentive (bonus) plans will be offered?
Oh is it in the contract somewhere, I would like to know where its at myself. And more information how the union is letting this happen. Even my head steward asked me if I still wanted to grieve it since they lost on a nationwide level on it. I said hell yeah I do! Why not!?!? Its like they don't give two :censored2:s about it. Typical.