Silly things your center manager says...

FilingBluesFL

So I've been in a package car that has had a broken back up camera monitor in it for four days.

I've written it up every day, with the mechanics finally replying on the fourth write-up, "We don't have parts to fix this. Use mirrors."

So I bring this up to my center manager. "I've written this up 4 days in a row, and only on the 4th day is it responded to. THERE ARE FOUR PACKAGE CARS NOT BEING USED ON THE LINE-UP, what is the possibility of me getting something with a working backup camera?"

Here comes the gold:

"Well, I don't know how much time it would take a mechanic to take a working monitor out of one of those cars and put it in yours..."

"No, no.... really? No. Did you really just say that? Would not the OBVIOUS solution to this problem, be to pull the "unsafe" car out of the line-up, and replace it with one of the four that HAVE a working backup camera monitor? They're ALL stick p7's, just like the one I'm in already..."

center manager: "Uh... I'm not sure how that would work out..."

Charliebrown-1-.jpg

Seriously... what the hell is wrong with these people????

Cementups

Box Monkey
at the end of the PCM our center manager always say, "safety last....."
I thought safety was alway first. Oh well. I remind them when I have an accident that he told me "safety last" at the PCM.

Marne Vet

"Remember guys, if you think a street is too unsafe to travel down, don't do it, and sheet it as Emergency Conditions. Your safety comes first." Then we're sent out in a Blizzard and have 7 accidents due to icy conditions, and we hear "We told you not to go down any roads you thought were unsafe"

THEY WERE ALL UNSAFE YOU friend-N DUMB-ASSES!

FilingBluesFL

"Remember guys, if you think a street is too unsafe to travel down, don't do it, and sheet it as Emergency Conditions. Your safety comes first." Then we're sent out in a Blizzard and have 7 accidents due to icy conditions, and we hear "We told you not to go down any roads you thought were unsafe"

THEY WERE ALL UNSAFE YOU friend-N DUMB-ASSES!

Being sent out in tropical storms down here is always pretty special LOL

"We said to stay away from low hanging branches!"

"But the branch FELL ON THE TRUCK FROM 20 FEET UP!"

"Well, you obviously didn't expect the unexpected, did you?"

Thebrownstreak

Its funny you say that about the tropical storms. 2 years ago they sent us out in a tropical storm and it turned into a huge cluster friend#$k. Trees were down everywhere. I was driving down a dirt road and the rain was falling so hard that i couldn't see the road…..so i pulled to the side of the road and called in and said that i was taking a safety break till the worst of the storm passed. My center manager said "ahhhh keep going just drive slow." OUt of nowhere the upper half of a huge tree fell about 2 feet in front of my truck while i was on the phone with him. I said i'm going back to hard top roads, and all of my dirt road stops were going to become ECD's (which was about 60% of the rest of my stops.) Sometimes i just don't understand the though process that says lets send the drivers out in heavy snow, or tropical storms.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
After some brutal snow, the best thing I ever heard a center manager say is: " In Syracuse they can run scratch, why are you guys having so many problems"?

Thebrownstreak

Maybe this year in Syracuse they are running closer to scratch than in previous years. I remember a few years back when a good friend of mine was attending Syracuse U. We went up on a Friday to see him. Weather forecast was for 4 inches, 36 inches later we were trying to figure out how the hells we were gonna get home.

Re-Raise

"You have more stops on the combined route because it covers a larger area"

"Did you take the gas cap off and look in to make sure it was full before you left"

After a 14 in snow storm Feb2 2010 I got back to the building and could barely move in the snow covered lot. No way you could back into the building. I went in with another driver who returned the same time I did and we asked where we should park so they could plow the lot. The response.

"They just plowed it this morning?"

He hadn't even looked outside all day...you can't make this crap up..I dare you to try

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
2 solutions for the OP;

1- transfer your load into one of the cars with a working monitor before you leave the building. Repeat as necessary every morning. 45 minutes of AM time plus late air every day will eventually give your center manager the necessary motivation to assign a different car to you.

2- when you get back in the evening, park one of the spare cars with a working monitor in your normal parking spot. In my building, the cars all have stickers inside the windshield with that car's assigned park position; if that is the case in your building, just swap the stickers around so that you get one with a working monitor.

2 solutions for the OP;

1- transfer your load into one of the cars with a working monitor before you leave the building. Repeat as necessary every morning. 45 minutes of AM time plus late air every day will eventually give your center manager the necessary motivation to assign a different car to you.

2- when you get back in the evening, park one of the spare cars with a working monitor in your normal parking spot. In my building, the cars all have stickers inside the windshield with that car's assigned park position; if that is the case in your building, just swap the stickers around so that you get one with a working monitor.

3) Call OSHA or whomever that rear view camera settlement came from.