Silly things your center manager says...

OPTION3

I love the pcm I heard once…"don't do anything hazardous at home like water ski, skateboard, jump on a trampoline…you could get hurt, not be able to come to work..and that would hurt your family"……Where do they get this stuff?

jaker

trolling
I love the pcm I heard once…"don't do anything hazardous at home like water ski, skateboard, jump on a trampoline…you could get hurt, not be able to come to work..and that would hurt your family"……Where do they get this stuff?
From the safety 24/7 book

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe this year in Syracuse they are running closer to scratch than in previous years. I remember a few years back when a good friend of mine was attending Syracuse U. We went up on a Friday to see him. Weather forecast was for 4 inches, 36 inches later we were trying to figure out how the hells we were gonna get home.

That would be called lake effect snow.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
'Our goal is to reduce Misloads,even if this means terminating half the pre load! The loads will be better today MUCH better as our pre load supes have gone thru all of the cars"

That day I had 10 off area and had to meet 3 drivers to get mis loads. not a big enough Face Palm

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
The back up camera in not a safety item, and shouldn't be written up as such. That being said, I know that it is a big help. I don't know how big your building is, or how many mechanics ect. Talk to your mechanic, my experience is that when drivers are polite and reasonable, most of the mechanics will try to help them out. Most, not all. The might have a Red Tagged car they can yank one out of until parts arrive.

JackStraw

They are such hypocrites. "Don't take any chances on icy, unplowed roads. Oh and you have to call if you are going to have Emergency Conditions." So when you do call, it's like your the worst driver in the land who can't drive down an icy road. SMH.

Safety meeting " there is no correlation between injuries/accidents and working long hours. We have 2 drivers that work 12 hours everyday."

In the last year they have 3 accidents and I injury combined.

FilingBluesFL

The back up camera in not a safety item, and shouldn't be written up as such. That being said, I know that it is a big help. I don't know how big your building is, or how many mechanics ect. Talk to your mechanic, my experience is that when drivers are polite and reasonable, most of the mechanics will try to help them out. Most, not all. The might have a Red Tagged car they can yank one out of until parts arrive.

If it is not a safety item, then why install them at all?

On our Backing Methods, the backing camera is meant to be used as a "third mirror."

So why even include it in our "DOK" knowledge if it's not really meant to be used for safety at all?

If it's relevant to safety, than it is a safety item, is it not?

Pimpedoutatjgx

Being sent out in tropical storms down here is always pretty special LOL

"We said to stay away from low hanging branches!"

"But the branch FELL ON THE TRUCK FROM 20 FEET UP!"

"Well, you obviously didn't expect the unexpected, did you?"
Aahh The PurplePalace...where everything you do is PREVENTABLE

Mack Grant

The geniuses at corporate, totally detached from reality, are the ones who come up with this stuff.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
You're wrong. If it affects what I do on a daily basis in that package car, it's a safety item. Almost everything I write up is safety.
I am not wrong. A safety item would be a item that is deemed a safety Item by DOT standards for the Federal Annual Inspection that most UPS vehicles fall under, or State Inspection standards depending on where you are.

JL 0513

The backup camera is one of the single most important safety items on the package car. Right behind brakes, steering, transmission, mirrors, and safety belt. Alex, I don't care what DOT standards are or whatever. Talking reality, the camera literally prevents deaths from occurring. The cam covers a massive blind spot that a kid could sneak into.

I can't imaging the accidents that must have occurred back when these things didn't have cameras.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I am not wrong. A safety item would be a item that is deemed a safety Item by DOT standards for the Federal Annual Inspection that most UPS vehicles fall under, or State Inspection standards depending on where you are.

1. The fact that your title under your name says "the new generation of sups" tells me right away that your wrong.....all the time.

2. When I'm told by my management team to "use camera as a third mirror", that tells me it's a safety issue. Unless you're telling me I don't need mirrors now too.