Sleeper Team Driver

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Going into feeders, I was shocked to see that our building had 1 sleeper team.
Figured they would be more prevalent in the Midwest, not here in the Northeast.
Not sure if I would want to try it, I know my wife doesn't but the money sounds great.

Johney

My problem with being on a sleeper team would be what if it's your turn to rest/sleep and your partner hasn't slept a wink?

Indecisi0n

Going into feeders, I was shocked to see that our building had 1 sleeper team.
Figured they would be more prevalent in the Midwest, not here in the Northeast.
Not sure if I would want to try it, I know my wife doesn't but the money sounds great.
If you want to try it we could meet up and sleep in really tight quarters together and see how it goes?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My problem with being on a sleeper team would be what if it's your turn to rest/sleep and your partner hasn't slept a wink?
It's definitely a trust issue. I don't know that I could close my eyes when it's my turn in the bunk if I knew the guy behind the wheel starts his shift with not enough rest. I know a team that the senior guy kicked the junior guy off the team because he never got the rest he was supposed to.

Johney

It's definitely a trust issue. I don't know that I could close my eyes when it's my turn in the bunk if I knew the guy behind the wheel starts his shift with not enough rest. I know a team that the senior guy kicked the junior guy off the team because he never got the rest he was supposed to.
I have a hard enough time sleeping in a dark quiet bedroom during the day,in some bunk in a moving vehicle? No thanks,I'd pass if it ever came my way bigger bucks and all.

Johney

I was asked to go by a sr guy, I passed it up ,, noooooo thanks
I hear ya. I guess I would feel honored that someone would basically trust me with their life. Now I'm assuming the jr. driver works the night shift right? I don't really know a lot about sleeper teams.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was asked to go by a sr guy, I passed it up ,, noooooo thanks
No way in hell would I do it either... I know how I get while driving just 4 hours somewhere at 1 am... you are a gypo while out on the sleeper team and you do not stop for anything....I wouldn't trust myself let alone someone else while I'm in the back.... hell no!!!