Small U.S. firms may struggle with new UPS, FedEx dimensional prices

upschuck

It's a little naive to say that. A small business owner told me with the new pricing he is looking at spending about 3-4.00 more per package. He ships 60-70 boxes a day. So that means he is paying close to $280.00 more per day which comes out to $1,960.00 per week. Amazon makes that in a less than a second. This small business might have to end up laying someone off.
I guess I worded my previous post bad. I didn't mean a bigger chunk of profits, but that smaller businesses will be able to control and care what size boxes their employees will put in, while the bigger boys will probably continue to put things in the bigger boxes because they already keep there people at higher production numbers, because labor costs would trump the cost savings.

I don't know anything about their business, but everyone would be dimwt priced? I hope it is not that bad for those guys.

Indecisi0n

I guess I worded my previous post bad. I didn't mean a bigger chunk of profits, but that smaller businesses will be able to control and care what size boxes their employees will put in, while the bigger boys will probably continue to put things in the bigger boxes because they already keep there people at higher production numbers, because labor costs would trump the cost savings.

I don't know anything about their business, but everyone would be dimwt priced? I hope it is not that bad for those guys.
I hear its across the board for dimweight. The smaller business ship so many odd shaped items/different quantities that I don't think running around like crazy trying to find the smallest possible box is even possible. What are they going to do stock 80 different size boxes? I am sure amazon can easily transition but the small guys will get hurt...again.

upschuck

I hear its across the board for dimweight. The smaller business ship so many odd shaped items/different quantities that I don't think running around like crazy trying to find the smallest possible box is even possible. What are they going to do stock 80 different size boxes? I am sure amazon can easily transition but the small guys will get hurt...again.
Small guys would care more about the size of the box, after a day, they'd be able to cut a box down in less than a minute to fit the contents. If every one of their boxes is going to be dimwt priced, then they are doing something wrong. Are they selling inflated balloons? :)