Smart pickups/SPORH

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just giving you a hard time, as most of their Orion metrics don't seem to be effective on your route.
They arent effective on a lot of routes. Mine runs a lot more miles than most, so the consequences of ORION's forced stupidity get magnified to an intolerable degree. On a 50 mile route you can be stupid and still get done; on a 150-mile route you cant.

By The Book

They arent effective on a lot of routes. Mine runs a lot more miles than most, so the consequences of ORION's forced stupidity get magnified to an intolerable degree. On a 50 mile route you can be stupid and still get done; on a 150-mile route you cant.
Is your route a satellite route?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Is your route a satellite route?
No, its just one of the higher-mileage rural routes in our building. We have a few that do up to 200 miles. The underlying problem with my ORION has to do with the flawed map that was used as well as the fact that mine was the last route in the building to be done, with my last ride done after the rest of the team had already moved on to the next building. The problems were identified but never corrected.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone know if stop counts go up if customers decide to become smart pickups? I've been on 2 different bid routes in the last year where 3 or 4 customers decided to become smart pickups, & I swear they gave & now give me more stops. More of a detriment than a benefit for customers to go smart pickup if this is in fact the case!

I hope you are coming in later?

S

selfcancelsignal

I hope you are coming in later?
Usually my deliveries are done before my 30ish pick ups (with my 10 min. paid & 20 min. unpaid breaks, thank you). [emoji3] This last week was a driver's nightmare as far as dispatch went! Routes slashed like no other. Drivers getting stuff on their bid routes not even close to their area. Stop counts 30+ too high. Veteran drivers getting ready for day 3 of 9.5 asked to take the day off, so newer drivers could be dispatched ridiculously. There have been a couple of ORION tablet jockeys in the hizzy working their magic the last couple of weeks. I think they're trying to max out every route, aka having them all get in right at the time the air truck needs to leave the center for the night. Have fun standing around then getting slammed local sort!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
it was a beautiful day for me, even tho I had stuff on my truck I have never seen. Our air was late , we were in RDO, best day ever. I love late air.