So I guess no word is good?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
...as they should...e-commerce has changed the way that we do business and our contract should reflect those changes...
Cutting routes and keeping helpers on while drivers go home isn't peak, it's incompetence. I will admit one thing has changed, people in general don't want to work more than they have to, which plays right into managements hands for sending said drivers home. Running peak numbers throughout the year doesn't constitute naming "peak" a year long thing.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
...as they should...e-commerce has changed the way that we do business and our contract should reflect those changes...

I have no problems with extending peak through January if the company promotes enough permanent drivers to handle the volume and pays inside PT'ers their hourly rate to work as driver helpers.

balland chain

Why is it that the upper level management are not willing to take a pay cut, they just keep getting richer and richer at the expense of our bodies and minds. I can only speak for myself , I am sick and tired of the games that low level managers/sups are playing with us . With their ultimate goal of breaking us down or having a safety team member running to his/her office to report someone. This is what goes on here in the south. Hubs/centers have their minions to watch us work and if they happen to see a coworker doing something wrong, instead of being a man with balls, and just approaching the coworker and stating in a nice way "hey you should stack pallets in another location' they run to the managers office and rat out the person. Hell, they should not even be in the union with that type of behavior. Personally I would NEVER rat out another coworker, unless they came to work drunk or stoned !

stink219

I have no problems with extending peak through January if the company promotes enough permanent drivers to handle the volume and pays inside PT'ers their hourly rate to work as driver helpers.
Someone else knows what's going on......nice work PS. I'll PM you.

22.34life

this contract will be fine for us who have been here a long time but new hired p/t will get the shaft.i cant see ups raising starting pay and i think p/t hired after august 1st will no longer receive benefits or have a longer wait like 2 years.that way turnover kicks in before they have to pay them out.those of us who have been here shouldnt expect to much in the way of change i dont think we lose anything but dont see us really gaining anthing either.when the contract is sent out to vote on only friend/t people vote anyways and most of those p/c drivers so they can get away with anything with the p/t.

rudy5150

this contract will be fine for us who have been here a long time but new hired p/t will get the shaft.i cant see ups raising starting pay and i think p/t hired after august 1st will no longer receive benefits or have a longer wait like 2 years.that way turnover kicks in before they have to pay them out.those of us who have been here shouldnt expect to much in the way of change i dont think we lose anything but dont see us really gaining anthing either.when the contract is sent out to vote on only friend/t people vote anyways and most of those p/c drivers so they can get away with anything with the p/t.

So its the typical contract where the new hire part timers get screwed. Its always that way. That shouldnt suprise anyone. So yep they will prolly have to wait a yr or 2 for bennys. They will never completely take away part timers bennys they will just make them wait to get em.

Moneythehardway

I can see UPS upping the starting wage to at LEAST $9.00 to account for the federal minimum wage increase. And hopefully by doing so it's retroactive to us currently employed ptimer's so we'd at least see a $.50 raise on top of our progression raise.

Just my take

ocnewguy

2 years for benefits...that just sounds so incredibly absurd. Don't get me wrong i completely see it happening, but it's hard to wrap my mind around. Is there any other company in this country that even makes you wait a year like us?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
2 years for benefits...that just sounds so incredibly absurd. Don't get me wrong i completely see it happening, but it's hard to wrap my mind around. Is there any other company in this country that even makes you wait a year like us?

Most companies make you wait forever ... that is, P/Ts don't get any benefits.

rudy5150

Regardless you always vote NO the 1st contract offer, make UPS deliver a great contract that us teamsters deserve! We make the $$$$ for this company! Before you know it the company will be profiting 10 billion a year and us teamsters will barely have a raise and will be paying more for bennys!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Regardless you always vote NO the 1st contract offer, make UPS deliver a great contract that us teamsters deserve! We make the $$$$ for this company! Before you know it the company will be profiting 10 billion a year and us teamsters will barely have a raise and will be paying more for bennys!

Yeah, until you are the highest paid in the industry with the best benefits ... go for it!

rudy5150

The part timers make pennies for the work they do and the harassment they deal with daily. It takes a special person to get up every morning at 2am and do back breaking work for minumum wage. Drivers have a much better deal than the part timers thats for sure.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The part timers make pennies for the work they do and the harassment they deal with daily. It takes a special person to get up every morning at 2am and do back breaking work for minumum wage. Drivers have a much better deal than the part timers thats for sure.

What?! The drivers didn't go thru it also? Get pt ers to vote. Any contract they don't like would never pass. They get what they deserve. Up to them

PT Car Washer

Our preload starts at 5:00 AM. I remember starting from 3:30 to 4:00 and drivers starting at 8:00. Made .50 cents less than drivers an hour. Good old days.