So I just started as a seasonal Pre-Loader

soot00

Don't wish to make UPS a career as I already enjoy my full time job field. However, for extra holiday cash and the fact UPS was so close to us, decided to apply for seasonal part time pre-load help.

Let's just say my first 3 days has been interesting, haha. During orientation it was noted there would 4 days for training but due to volume they condensed 4 days of training into 1 and threw us out to the fire. I spoke with some of the preloaders next to me and they said they've been doing this stuff for 10+ years, sheesh. One would think after that amount of time they would get a promotion.

I stopped by H.R. after my shift this morning to sign some paperwork and she admitted they are going through HUGE TURNOVER with season help.

If I decide to quit mid week, I assume I get paid for the days of that week that I punched in, also, is it best to contact H.R. that I am no longer interested or do I simply just not show up?

Thank you,
UPS Newb

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
What do you think the right answer would be to your question?

And what would you expect your employee to do if you were the employer?

Sometimes you at least ought to know the answer, even if you dont want to admit it.

d

soot00

It's a pre-load shift so HR offices are closed prior to my start. I am thinking about not showing up this morning but yet, really can't inform them I am no longer interested since it's a pre-load shift

Is there a 24 hour ups hotline I can call where they forward me to the Supervisors voice mail box?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Really? AND you think that HR is the only contact person for you to call?

Come on, are you really that dense? Try your sup on your shift. Also, while HR might be closed at 4AM, they are sure to be there shortly after your shift ends.

But by all means, just dont show up. That tells UPS much more about you than you could ever say.

d

soot00

lol, nevermind i even brought this topic up.

I expected a few childish responses from 50 year old UPS fanboy employees...no surprise

Like I said, UPS does not guarantee seasonal help employment post December, and as such seasonal employees know internally they took the job for extra cash. Some will decide to go full term while others like me will opt out. It is what it is, deal with it UPS fanboy!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
IT is what it is. Some would even suggest you would be a troll.

But I digress.

I do find it interesting that a person that tackles lifes issues so childishly, would throw around such a childish response.

What did you expect? You took the job on wanting some extra quick cash, and now you find you are not up to the job. So quit, and do everybody a favor. Hit the easy button. Opt out.

And dont let the door hit you in the behind on your way out.

d

soot00

A Troll? lol As you see from the first post, I was asking a simple question soon followed by childish smart arse remarks from you....thus I have decided to go into attack poodle mode as well.

It's all good, every messageboard tends to have forum bully's lurking, no surprise I found here within 10 minutes of my post.

Have a good day sir and no need to take posts so seriously, not everyone will become a UPS fanboy like yourself.

Taking "life" issues and act childishly? I guess no one has quit a job, ever. What world do you live in UPS Fanboy?

upsgrunt

What's your current full-time job that you enjoy?
How much time have you put in at UPS?
I feel like you didn't even give it a chance.
You asked UPS for a job, they didn't ask you; there has been considerable time, money, and effort to get you hired and act like it is "no big deal".
Generation me.

soot00

What's your current full-time job that you enjoy?
How much time have you put in at UPS?
I feel like you didn't even give it a chance.
You asked UPS for a job, they didn't ask you; there has been considerable time, money, and effort to get you hired and act like it is "no big deal".
Generation me.

Not everyone is cut out to be a UPSer, just like not everyone is cut out to be a doctor, policeman, fireman, ballerina, dancer <insert random job title here>. It's just fact. Not gonna know til a job is worth continuing til you try it.

Like I said from my first post, all I asked was what would be the best way to notify UPS personnel of my decision to leave as a seasonal temp....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Attack you? Bully? Please. All I did was to ask you what you know you should do, or if the positions were reversed, what would you want your employee to do.

But by your posts, you have made it plain, you have no class. Its all about you. No consideration for anyone else. So what you cant do the job. No problem, just have the common decency to notify the management team you are not coming back. But I guess finding an excuse not to is more important.

Go cry somewhere else. There are others that would die to get the chance you are pissin away. So go.

d