So im now Qualified

Milton's Stapler

Hemorrhoid Boy
I am currently kind of in the same situation.....I was already in the union as I started working pre-load June 1, 2016. They started me out training on a route with what all the veteran drivers said was the worst supervisor in our center. He was intense but I think he was okay....I was doing pretty good and according to him I was progressing nicely and on track as long as I didn't crash or get hurt etc. However, after about 10 days or so they moved me to a different super group and and rural area with more driving and less stops. Can I assume that they have already decided that I am going to qualify as I have still not hit scratch. I think the best I have done is 40 over. Plus is it 20 days to qualify or 30? Is there an official notification? I have been coming in early and helping out whenever possible with air and Saturdays. I am just anxious as I really want this position.

RuthlessSupSlayer

UMMMM....you are the OP.

Learn the lingo, gringo !!!! LOL
oh-yea-duh.gif

luckster

Started my 30

Its now offical i am a full driver!! I qualified last week despite the on and off situation. I never scratched either they just kept pushing being safe. I was lucky i had a good sup who used to be a driver and had a health issue that put him into management.

So first off i would like to thank those who have come before me and laid the ground work to where we are today. I would never have a chance to make this kind of money and have the benefits we have and for that i am greatful.

Secondly i wpuld like to give some advice for those starting their 30 days here is some advice.

1. As most of what you will reaf is sort during your lunch and come in early. This is to stop on day 31.
  2. Only take as much time as you need to eat and sort and get back out there. This also stops day 31
  3. Make progression through the days do not just jumpto scratchthis is a game and they want to see improvement make sure you are improving.
  4. Each day go ask for your numbers mainly your over under and your SPORH. They may try to come to you and say you are not improving yada yada...if you have your numbers then you have a case to shut them up but do it professionally.
  5. Ask questions even if you know the answer already. Ask veteran drivers specificlly the one who runs the route for advice.
  6. Do not get caught up in the whole union thing while you are in your 30.
  7. Best advice out of all this is Stay Positive and do not get discouraged.
Feel free to shoot me a pm of post here for any questions. Thanks again to those before me and who helped me. I am happy be part of this sht storm with you all.
Hey congrats ! Did you get the same route when you were qualifying for your 30days? How many stops? Did they add more stops as you progress?

MrFeeder

Started my 30

Its now offical i am a full driver!! I qualified last week despite the on and off situation. I never scratched either they just kept pushing being safe. I was lucky i had a good sup who used to be a driver and had a health issue that put him into management.

So first off i would like to thank those who have come before me and laid the ground work to where we are today. I would never have a chance to make this kind of money and have the benefits we have and for that i am greatful.

Secondly i wpuld like to give some advice for those starting their 30 days here is some advice.

1. As most of what you will reaf is sort during your lunch and come in early. This is to stop on day 31.
  2. Only take as much time as you need to eat and sort and get back out there. This also stops day 31
  3. Make progression through the days do not just jumpto scratchthis is a game and they want to see improvement make sure you are improving.
  4. Each day go ask for your numbers mainly your over under and your SPORH. They may try to come to you and say you are not improving yada yada...if you have your numbers then you have a case to shut them up but do it professionally.
  5. Ask questions even if you know the answer already. Ask veteran drivers specificlly the one who runs the route for advice.
  6. Do not get caught up in the whole union thing while you are in your 30.
  7. Best advice out of all this is Stay Positive and do not get discouraged.
Feel free to shoot me a pm of post here for any questions. Thanks again to those before me and who helped me. I am happy be part of this sht storm with you all.
Get ready for cold routes and green light of death.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Hey congrats ! Did you get the same route when you were qualifying for your 30days? How many stops? Did they add more stops as you progress?
Yes they did started at like 130-140 then within a week bumped to 160 never did more than 170. Yes when I was coded as a ground driver I ran the same route I did helper some but never complained they were underpaying me because its not worth it.

luckster

Yes they did started at like 130-140 then within a week bumped to 160 never did more than 170. Yes when I was coded as a ground driver I ran the same route I did helper some but never complained they were underpaying me because its not worth it.
Any advise on how to qualify. I might have a crack at it next month. Need all the advise and pointers I can get.

35years

Gravy route
Any advise on how to qualify. I might have a crack at it next month. Need all the advise and pointers I can get.
Can you drive a stick?
If not better learn how ahead of time.
Rent a moving truck and drive it around the city. Learn how to not break mirrors on tree branches or hit curbs.