So The Post Office...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Postal Service financial statement?

giphy.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah but who send letters anymore? And they are delivering the "last mile" packages on the cheap!
They are delivering much more than just last mile packages.

Hell I send most of my packages flat rate. Xmas presents would of cost me about $100 to send ups or fedex. It cost me maybe $30 to send usps.

PT Car Washer

I saw a box a few weeks ago in the sort, but it might have been just a box someone used because they didn't have anything else
Do you mean a Post Office flat rate box? As long as it has a UPS label that means nothing. I have seen FedEx envelopes and DHL envelopes go through the sort. Means nothing as long as it has a UPS tracking label.

JL 0513

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...service-have-an-unfair-competitive-advantage/

Loses $15,000,000 per day?

I get the pre-funding of their pension obligations, but they also receive a lot of benefits unavailable to other carriers.

Should we be surprised. Anything associated with government equals loser. Good thing governerment keeps reaching deeper into everything. Apparently that's what people want as we keep voting for it. You think healthcare has been expensive? Just wait!

$15,000,000.00 in losses a day? Chump change. The feds "lose" 155 TIMES that daily. I'll admit the post office's situation is uglier because of scale.

What's funny is they've recently brought up a plan to replace their fleet of aging vehicles. Although they look like they are in good condition, they are decades old. Much like many UPS package cars.

So if they are losing $15M a day now, wait until they start buying thousands of new vehicles at $30K a pop.

jaker

trolling
Do you mean a Post Office flat rate box? As long as it has a UPS label that means nothing. I have seen FedEx envelopes and DHL envelopes go through the sort. Means nothing as long as it has a UPS tracking label.
Sorry but I have been doing this way too long not to know the difference in the boxes other carriers use

Also I know it was a ups box because I showed about dozen other drivers and ft sup , because we thought it would open the gates of hell

Here you go
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/create/frb_terms_conditions.html

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Should we be surprised. Anything associated with government equals loser. Good thing governerment keeps reaching deeper into everything. Apparently that's what people want as we keep voting for it. You think healthcare has been expensive? Just wait!

$15,000,000.00 in losses a day? Chump change. The feds "lose" 155 TIMES that daily. I'll admit the post office's situation is uglier because of scale.

What's funny is they've recently brought up a plan to replace their fleet of aging vehicles. Although they look like they are in good condition, they are decades old. Much like many UPS package cars.

So if they are losing $15M a day now, wait until they start buying thousands of new vehicles at $30K a pop.

..Psst... this has already been covered before, and I get that you are late to the party, BUUUUUTTT, the Government doesnt run the postal service...!

Your statement is ridiculous after that point.

The Postal Service recieves ZERO tax payer dollars.

Its run by a Corporate board with a federally appointed post master.

Congress nor the senate has anything to do with day to day operations.

Please dont make yourself sound any more foolish.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The postal service is dying a slow death. As they continue to lose market share and first class revenue, which was their ONLY source of positive revenue, they will never be able to dig themselves out of the hole they are in.

Even if the postal service shed the pensions and sent them to the PBGC with court approval, it wouldnt make a bit of difference at all.

Every aspect of the postal service including first class mail is losing money everyday, everyweek, every month, every year.

The only way for them to survive would be to cut wages in HALF, eliminate health coverage, eliminate pensions, lose half the workforce, and reinvest in equiptment.

This will never happen and the Postal Service will not operate as you know it in less than years.

Without congress stepping up and simply voting to give them billions of tax payer dollars ( which they never have recieved before) then they are doomed.

There isnt enough package volume to save them. They are shipping boxes at reduced rates for market share, but this comes at a loss of revenue.

The pennies UPS and FEDEX are throwing them in basic service is like putting a bandaid on severed artery.

TOS.