So what’s UPS plan for curfew?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just wear your MAGA hat. That should protect you.
800.jpeg

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
In my hub the city had a 7pm curfew, thus management told us to be back in the hub by 7pm. Any packages not delivered just leave in the truck without scanning. Upon return to the building we had papers in our DIAD slots showing we were employees of UPS to use just in case LE stopped us on the way home.

They also offered a lot of folks the chance to start at 8am today. Curious how that would work I agreed. Upon arriving, our trucks were parked out in the yard with the route number taped to the back. Seems they just loaded as much as they could and left the rest in the belt, judging by how much I'm missing from EDD. I think they're giving the leftover volume to PVDs. Also, for now we are allowed to just take a half hour lunch.

Not sure how long this will last or if it's working but for me personally it's great. Rather start at 8am and be off at 7pm. Rather than leave the building at 10am and return at 10pm.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my hub the city had a 7pm curfew, thus management told us to be back in the hub by 7pm. Any packages not delivered just leave in the truck without scanning. Upon return to the building we had papers in our DIAD slots showing we were employees of UPS to use just in case LE stopped us on the way home.

They also offered a lot of folks the chance to start at 8am today. Curious how that would work I agreed. Upon arriving, our trucks were parked out in the yard with the route number taped to the back. Seems they just loaded as much as they could and left the rest in the belt, judging by how much I'm missing from EDD. I think they're giving the leftover volume to PVDs. Also, for now we are allowed to just take a half hour lunch.

Not sure how long this will last or if it's working but for me personally it's great. Rather start at 8am and be off at 7pm. Rather than leave the building at 10am and return at 10pm.
lol allowed to only take 1/2 lunch?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
lol allowed to only take 1/2 lunch?

Usually they force us to take an hour lunch. It used to be that we could decide whether we wanted to take a half hour or a full hour. I usually opted for a half hour, unless I just felt like chilling for awhile longer then I'd take an hour. I'd say I only took an hour by choice about 10 times in 7 years.

rod

Retired 22 years
Usually they force us to take an hour lunch. It used to be that we could decide whether we wanted to take a half hour or a full hour. I usually opted for a half hour, unless I just felt like chilling for awhile longer then I'd take an hour. I'd say I only took an hour by choice about 10 times in 7 years.
Good for you. I could probably count on one hand the number of times in 30 years I didn't take a full hour break during the day.