So who won the debate?

JackStraw

H was definitely better prepared and seemed like he had done this before so I could see why they had him do the debate. Z did look like a deer in headlights at times.

UPS Preloader

I admit, the H&H slate has more experience and probably better qualified to do the job. The problem is that they don't do the job, nor do they seem to have the members interest at heart. I'll take my chances with Z.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
hall had just as many if not more lies. He also skipped over answering questions.
How do you know what was a lie and not? Because Z said it? Hall had paperwork to back it up. If you thought that Z should be the next IBT president, this Union is doomed. DOOMED!

UPS Preloader

How do you know what was a lie and not? Because Z said it? hall had paperwork to back it up. If you thought that Z should be the next IBT president, this Union is doomed. DOOMED!

In my opinion, this union is doomed with H&H at the helm. Like I said earlier, I'll take my chances with Z. As far as how I know he lied, I watched the debate.

UPS Preloader

Well

oh, ok. I guess that settles that then? Can you do me a favor please? Can you watch it just one more time, but this time with the volume on? Thanks!

Wide, as I said to your twin brother Lead, even though I don't see eye to eye with you I respect your passion. Just like you don't understand why I'm against H&H, I can't see why you would want them. I'm sure you can quote many reasons why, but I can't vote for them. Let me ask you a few questions:

Do you feel the 4 year progression was a concession?

Do you agree with the 9.5 language and the way it singles out those in progression?

Do you agree that the workloads at UPS are excessive?

Do you feel the harassment at UPS is excessive?

Do you agree that many UPSer's, especially those in the central states, have an inferior health plan as a result of the last contract being imposed on us?

Do you agree that between the National contract and our New England supplement we have it pretty good here so that it's very easy for us to vote yes even though it hurts our brothers and sisters elsewhere?

Spongebob1

image.jpeg
I watched the debate, twice! H evaded a lot of questions, or Ignored the question completely, H lied several times, about the pension, Voith, car haul, ups,... H kept saying Z is a angry man, well I'm angry too! So are a lot of other teamsters, H kept bending over trying to organize his papers, I think Z came out on top!

wide load

Wide, as I said to your twin brother Lead, even though I don't see eye to eye with you I respect your passion. Just like you don't understand why I'm against H&H, I can't see why you would want them. I'm sure you can quote many reasons why, but I can't vote for them. Let me ask you a few questions:

Do you feel the 4 year progression was a concession?

Do you agree with the 9.5 language and the way it singles out those in progression?

Do you agree that the workloads at UPS are excessive?

Do you feel the harassment at UPS is excessive?

Do you agree that many UPSer's, especially those in the central states, have an inferior health plan as a result of the last contract being imposed on us?

Do you agree that between the National contract and our New England supplement we have it pretty good here so that it's very easy for us to vote yes even though it hurts our brothers and sisters elsewhere?
I agree a 4 year progression is long but it was in trade of a higher full and part time starting wage. Do you feel that starting now at 18.75 from 16.50 is? that additional year added many more new hires.

I do not feel the 9.5 language singles out anyone. ANYONE can go on the 9.5 list. Even cover drivers with less than 4. It is just that it is route dependent. The only issue I have with it is that it's not automatically submitted into your pay.
Harassment is a manager / BA issue.
As for work loads, The only way that that will decrease in conjunction with excessive overtime is when our hourly wage, health and pension is higher total than over time and expenses. Which got close at an 8.90 raise.
As for the East Coast supplement we do have it easy. But our healthcare didn't just start there. And I wish some people would give their healthcare a chance to take off a little bit.

View attachment 94204 I watched the debate, twice! H evaded a lot of questions, or Ignored the question completely, H lied several times, about the pension, Voith, car haul, ups,... H kept saying Z is a angry man, well I'm angry too! So are a lot of other teamsters, H kept bending over trying to organize his papers, I think Z came out on top!
I'm mad I didn't get a chance to watch it.

Doesn't matter I'm voting for Z

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

View attachment 94204 I watched the debate, twice! H evaded a lot of questions, or Ignored the question completely, H lied several times, about the pension, Voith, car haul, ups,... H kept saying Z is a angry man, well I'm angry too! So are a lot of other teamsters, H kept bending over trying to organize his papers, I think Z came out on top!
You think Z came out on top of what.......only 128 people think that and one of them was a teamster for 1 year in 74.....that's how many attended the tdu conference right

UPS Preloader

I agree a 4 year progression is long but it was in trade of a higher full and part time starting wage. Do you feel that starting now at 18.75 from 16.50 is? that additional year added many more new hires.

I do not feel the 9.5 language singles out anyone. ANYONE can go on the 9.5 list. Even cover drivers with less than 4. It is just that it is route dependent. The only issue I have with it is that it's not automatically submitted into your pay.
Harassment is a manager / BA issue.
As for work loads, The only way that that will decrease in conjunction with excessive overtime is when our hourly wage, health and pension is higher total than over time and expenses. Which got close at an 8.90 raise.
As for the East Coast supplement we do have it easy. But our healthcare didn't just start there. And I wish some people would give their healthcare a chance to take off a little bit.

Looking at it from a short term point of view the 4 year progression was a gain. Over the first 3 years, based upon 45 hours a week it would be a gain of approximately $6,800. However, based upon the same 45 hours it would be a loss of approximately $22,000 in the 4th year for a net loss of approximately $15,200. So in answer to your question, yes I would consider the new pay scale a concession.

I don't believe the 4 year progression had anything to do with them hiring anyone. Additional drivers were hired because they were needed.

wide load

Looking at it from a short term point of view the 4 year progression was a gain. Over the first 3 years, based upon 45 hours a week it would be a gain of approximately $6,800. However, based upon the same 45 hours it would be a loss of approximately $22,000 in the 4th year for a net loss of approximately $15,200. So in answer to your question, yes I would consider the new pay scale a concession.

I don't believe the 4 year progression had anything to do with them hiring anyone. Additional drivers were hired because they were needed.
Hmmmm, I'm not buying that UPS does anything cuz they need. It's always dollar cost. But I can respect where your coming from.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Opinions on who came out on top?

KH "mopped the floor" with FZ.

Ken beat him to pulp

Ken was a man debating a boy.

It was probably hard....

For the members of Teamsters United, to even watch that debacle.

It was obvious even from the short amount of time that hall was clearly the better of the two.

H was definitely better prepared and seemed like he had done this before so I could see why they had him do the debate. Z did look like a deer in headlights at times.

Yep.

I watched the debate, twice!

That doesn't surprise me.

You either didn't grasp the fact (Fred was getting beat up)

Or....

You were hoping for a different outcome, the second time. :biggrin:

I'm mad I didn't get a chance to watch it.

Don't hate.

Just appreciate.

Teamsters Union Candidates Face Debate | Video | C-SPAN.org

-Bug-

KH "mopped the floor" with FZ.

It was probably hard....

For the members of Teamsters United, to even watch that debacle.

Yep.

That doesn't surprise me.

You either didn't grasp the fact (Fred was getting beat up)

Or....

You were hoping for a different outcome, the second time. :biggrin:

Don't hate.

Just appreciate.

Teamsters Union Candidates Face Debate | Video | C-SPAN.org

-Bug-
I do not care what these guys say about you you're alright in my book. You the man!