So you don't know your dads last name? OK Darwin Award recipient.

Marne Vet

Today I was attempting to deliver a phone from T-Mobile. I knock, and a young guy and young girl answer the door. Early to mid twenties for both of them. This is the conversation:

Me: "Hi, I have a package for Kevin"

Guy: "That's me"

Me: "OK, what's your last name?"

Guy: "Um, Adams?"

Me: "Are you asking me, or telling me? Is your last name Adams?" (Name doesn't match the name on the pkg)

Guy: "Let me see what it says on there"

Me: "No, that's not how this works. Your name has to match [this] name, and then you get the package, so if your last name is Adams, this isn't for you"

Guy: "That's for my dad"

Me: "OK, what's your dads last name?" (Guy literally looks up and starts to say ummm)

Guy: "Ummmmmm..."

Me: "You don't know your dads name?"

Guy: "Well he lives here"

Me: "Then what's his last name?"

Guy: "I have a letter with his name on it can I show you that?"

Me: "No. Tell your dad we'll be back tomorrow and that he needs to have his ID ready. Bye"

These people are so damn stupid it pains me to have to make these kind of attempts. That's a minute of my day wasted on another fraud case. Do they think they're getting over on us? Do they seriously think we're that stupid that it's perfectly normal to not know your dads last name, or that your excuses will even work? Idiots.

Brought the package in for LP. Mr. Adams will have to try his luck with FedEx.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Today I was attempting to deliver a phone from T-Mobile. I knock, and a young guy and young girl answer the door. Early to mid twenties for both of them. This is the conversation:

Me: "Are you asking me, or telling me? Is your last name Adams?" (Name doesn't match the name on the pkg)

Me: "No, that's not how this works. Your name has to match [this] name, and then you get the package, so if your last name is Adams, this isn't for you"

Me: "OK, what's your dads last name?" (Guy literally looks up and starts to say ummm)

Me: "No. Tell your dad we'll be back tomorrow and that he needs to have his ID ready. Bye"

These people are so damn stupid it pains me to have to make these kind of attempts. That's a minute of my day wasted on another fraud case. Do they think they're getting over on us? Do they seriously think we're that stupid that it's perfectly normal to not know your dads last name, or that your excuses will even work? Idiots.

I like my route delivering to farmers more and more. Except for the drifting snow part.

Pkgcar1988

That's exactly what I would have done!!! Screw another follow up as no one lives there by that name they couldn't have signed for it.

I'd think there are a lot of people in your hood who don't know their fathers last name and probably have never even seen him.

jaker

trolling
Hey I sent my stepson a phone and it had my name on it , but then again he does know my last name

Me I don't question the name on the pkg to is signing it , but I also don't have a bad route

Rico

Actually, in order to be a Darwin Award recipient, the individual has to die. Darwin should ask for a refund.

browntroll

whats the whole point of doing fraud if you are still gonna be dumb enough to stand there and get seen by the delivery driver?
from most of the fraud stuff i hear they just say they never got the package, then theres a few exceptions where package is sig required
and you need someone to sign but i cant imagine you would forget the name you put on package. but then again if they think they can
get away with it without leaving a trace or think standing there for driver is best idea while doing fraud then they might be that dumb.