So

oldngray

nowhere special
Open to vague interpretation by the company and an "act of God " clause that nullifies most everything that is contested. You guys are screwed--- vote No---Oh wait a minute--too late
Be prepared. Expect the unexpected.

I got charged for a hit while parked because I didn't expect a drunken idiot to hit my truck.

If your center manager is a D* he can charge you for anything.

rod

Retired 22 years
Be prepared. Expect the unexpected.

I got charged for a hit while parked because I didn't expect a drunken idiot to hit my truck.

If your center manager is a D* he can charge you for anything.

We had a guy charged after a bird flew into his window. They didn't believe him. After that if at all possible dead birds were laid on this managers desk or in front of his door if that was the cause of a broken window. Sometimes (but not always) they were placed in an inclement weather bag.

Days

I just hate that when you're trying to decide what to do with the company, you're forced into reading this contract which is more vague than anything

F

Frankie's Friend

We had a guy charged after a bird flew into his window. They didn't believe him. After that if at all possible dead birds were laid on this managers desk or in front of his door if that was the cause of a broken window. Sometimes (but not always) they were placed in an inclement weather bag.
We aren't charged for birds in the air here.
About 3 yrs ago the DM told the driver group that if we hit a dog (or any non-flying animal) that was wearing a collar it was deemed avoidable. Im sure the local hardware store sold a bunch of pocket knives the next day.

Whoever makes up these lobotomy derived rules needs to have a couple less martinis at the corporate luncheon.

Days

We aren't charged for birds in the air here.
About 3 yrs ago the DM told the driver group that if we hit a dog (or any non-flying animal) that was wearing a collar it was deemed avoidable. Im sure the local hardware store sold a bunch of pocket knives the next day.

Whoever makes up these lobotomy derived rules needs to have a couple less martinis at the corporate luncheon.

Sad. If I hit a dog, it would absolutely ruin me. I feel bad for the little dogs that are pretty much dead the moment the fire meets their body. I have problems getting to work in the morning because there are so many bunnies flying across the road. But I couldn't bear to kill mana bunny.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sad. If I hit a dog, it would absolutely ruin me. I feel bad for the little dogs that are pretty much dead the moment the fire meets their body. I have problems getting to work in the morning because there are so many bunnies flying across the road. But I couldn't bear to kill mana bunny.

Nevermind, don't go FT Air.

Days

Just saying, if that sort of thing does you in, you probably lack the intestinal fortitude to drive for UPS. I try to avoid hitting animals, but if I hit a rabbit, I'm gonna whip up a fricassee.

I feel bad for the bunnies. It's not weakness to care for them. I know they're going to die or be hit eventually but I want to do my part to make sure that they live their lives as long as possible

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I feel bad for the bunnies. It's not weakness to care for them. I know they're going to die or be hit eventually but I want to do my part to make sure that they live their lives as long as possible

Monty_Python_killer_rabbit_zpse790d266.gif

Once you realize rabbits would kill and eat you if they could, you get over it.

rod

Retired 22 years

I bet you're that person who would swerve into the opposite lane trying to avoid a bunny and have a deadly head on collision with some innocent family minding their own business. There was just a news story this summer about some idiot who swerved to miss some ducks crossing a road and killed a few people in the opposite lane. I would never go out of my way to hit an animal but neither would I risk killing someone to avoid one. Road kill is just another of Mother Natures ways of controlling animal populations. I only hit one dog in 30 years at UPS but there were a lot of REAL LUCKY ones who managed to avoid the tires somehow.

F

Frankie's Friend

I bet you're that person who would swerve into the opposite lane trying to avoid a bunny and have a deadly head on collision with some innocent family minding their own business. There was just a news story this summer about some idiot who swerved to miss some ducks crossing a road and killed a few people in the opposite lane. I would never go out of my way to hit an animal but neither would I risk killing someone to avoid one. Road kill is just another of Mother Natures ways of controlling animal populations. I only hit one dog in 30 years at UPS but there were a lot of REAL LUCKY ones who managed to avoid the tires somehow.
Fowl play I presume?

F

Frankie's Friend

Screenshot_20181012-200112_Chrome.jpg

Some little bunnies are just innocent victims.
I know @wide load wouldnt hit this defenseless critter.