SOCKS

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
over9five said:

Yes, you will need to call them during business hours and get an account set up or you can log onto www.Upsers.com and use the link there. If you want the cheaper unofficial socks, the original brown ones with the yellow stripe and half the price, I believe it was wornoutupser that posted:

Bobby Sox Inc.
PO Box 1365
Hickory, NC 28603
1-800-471-7625

I bought the cotton quart length from Cintas last. They had the new UPS logo on both sides of the sock and have held up much better than they did a couple of years ago. Big improvement.

F

Fredly000 000

hah, the new ankle socks sucked
two of the 6 pair that I shelled out 30+$ for had holes in them
the first day.

I think there is a name on the side of the sock
I just want plain brown.. they are too short to stick
out of my shoes anyway.

Ms Spoken

Fredly000 000 said:
hah, the new ankle socks sucked
two of the 6 pair that I shelled out 30+$ for had holes in them
the first day.

I think there is a name on the side of the sock
I just want plain brown.. they are too short to stick
out of my shoes anyway.

I agree with you Fredly I bought some last week. These new socks will not last me a whole summer and it is true you can not see the logo on the ankle socks if you wear a 3/4 boot. What a waist of money.

Mad wife

I just ordered my husband UPS socks from Cintas........ I operator told me they would be delivered DHL! I was so Mad....... Did anyone else realize that 2 years ago they stopped using UPS as their deilvery company and started using DHL? Maybe we should tell them to keep their poorly made uniforms and UPS shoud go elsewhere!

UPSgf

That's funny because I ordered my boyfriend his socks a few weeks ago and they were delivered UPS..maybe it's just your area?

On a side note though, I do like the old ones so much more. They had the embroidered logo, these new ones are so cheap that if you order the short socks and wear them with boots, the UPS logo falls off (as they have already begun to). I would much rather he have really comfortable, plain ole brown socks!

Mad wife

the operater slipped when she mention DHL then corrected herself! I questioned her and her reply was when she started there 2 years ago they shipped UPS but now only use UPS for UPS employees

rod

Retired 22 years
you could of had all of my old ones but I burned every brown article of clothing I owned when I retired. It was a Big fire!!!

upsdude

I’ve found that steel toe shoes destroy the toe area of any brand socks. I’m back to wearing Reebok type shoes, now my socks last much longer.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
1. Go to Walmart and buy a 6-pack of Hanes, or whatever your favorite brand of 1/4 length white sock is and also a package of Ritz brown dye. 2. Take them home and read the instructions. 3. Dye the socks brown. 4. For less than 1/2 the price of those cheap UPS/Cintas socks you can enjoy a comfortable day at work. I have done this the past 2 years and have never been approached by management about a uniform violation.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It should not be that hard to buy SOCKS,
I do not have time to call Cintas during my work day. Remember when we had to buy the shorts? Im doing what I drive the truck said, dying them. What a sham, they should be furnished. The ones I have are as old as when we were first aloud to wear shorts and they are just a tad below tan, and most with no heels.
6 bucks a pair, NOT in my world.

trickpony1

Over9five,
The dye idea may sound good but I would caution anyone doing this to be sure the dye isn't being absorbed by your sweaty skin.
How would a person tell if this is happening? Not sure.....unless your foot is a brownish color when you take your socks off in the evening.
Just a thought.......

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
20togo said:
Can you still get ups raincoats and accessories from cintas or rodes.

No, they only sell the socks now since the rebranding. I only wear their socks in hot weather while in shorts. When its time for long pants, I just go to Sears and get some brown cotton socks. I tried to dye some white ones once, but my feet had a rash from the brown dye. My body tries to reject the color brown! The synthetic socks make my feet break out too, so I stick with cotton.