Some love for on car sups??

JackStraw

Unfortunately, the trend is for on cars to be 30 day wonders who drove with groomed loads(by them before start time) light stop counts and no bulk. They look at a number on a piece of paper and wonder why you are doing so bad. UPS management lives in a virtual world now. We however, are living in the real world of blown out cars, ORION, traffic, bulk, heavy packages,etc.

BrownTexas

I do my job in a manner that will not ever require my supervisors to initiate any sort of disciplinary action against me. Do I trust them? Yes....but I am also well aware of the fact that if push ever came to shove they would cover their own asses before going out on a limb to cover mine. So I don't put them in that position to begin with.
You trust them? But you know they would fire you if it meant losing their own job? Great idea of trust!!!

Rainman

Its all good.
I am working for one of the best management teams I've had. What they lack in any way, they make up in people skills and honesty. I realize if something came up with their back against the wall and they had to choose my job or theirs, it would be mine to be sacrificed. But in all honesty, how many of us drivers would do differently when we have out families to consider? It's nice to say we're the good guys, but where the rubber hits the road are we any better?
We get what we put into our relationship with our management team. If we act combatant toward them, then that's what we get back. If we act reasonably then most of the time they will act reasonably toward us.
One big key is not to take things personally that are just business decisions. And most of these decisions are out of the hands of local management anyhow.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Most of the supes at my place are pretty cool and its pretty chill for most part. Do I trust them? HELLZ NO, but like I always say ill play HOLLYWOOD til I get what I want lol. They scratch my back lil bit, I don't have a problem scratching theirs. If they wanna play cool ill play cool, if they want to play CAPTAIN PECKRERWOOD I can play SUPER CAPTAIN PECKERWOOD also. Get where im going with this, its all a mind game, up to you to manipulate the game to get what you want and where you want to go with it lol.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Can someone please teach jump man some proper English?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1424655005.478989.jpg

ManInBrown

My center manager, great person. I know, shocking. Everyone at center says best one we have had in 20 years. Treats you like a human. Unfortunately all that adds up to a new center manager soon.
The center manager shuffle.

On-cars...MEH. Whatever

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
My center manager, great person. I know, shocking. Everyone at center says best one we have had in 20 years. Treats you like a human. Unfortunately all that adds up to a new center manager soon.
The center manager shuffle.

On-cars...MEH. Whatever

I've worked for my center manager off and on for 16 years and I can tell you, he's as awesome as any of us could hope to have.

It'll be a sad day when he leaves.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most management are ok people (as long as things are going their way). You have to get it through your head though that they are NOT your friends, buddies or pals. At the first sign of problems then will stab you in the back and feed you to the sharks if need be. That's how they survive in the management world and if they try it any other way they are history.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've posted a bunch of times that I like my on-car and previous on-cars. A previous center manager was great until he retired. My last center manager was a :censored2:. Jury is out on the new one but he has a good rep.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Most management are ok people (as long as things are going their way). You have to get it through your head though that they are NOT your friends, buddies or pals. At the first sign of problems then will stab you in the back and feed you to the sharks if need be. That's how they survive in the management world and if they try it any other way they are history.

Yes.agree. They eat their own if given a chance

brostalss

Our current center manager is a stand up guy. I like and respect him. He rode with my last year and got to know him on a more personal level. Helped me understand what he has to deal with from his upper management people.

He's a just do your job and I won't bother you guy.

My on road is a female who was a former driver. She gets the frustrations we have. A lot of the guys in our center have no respect for her and she handles it well. I respect her for that alone. I don't mind working for her at all. One of my favorites. She knows I go out there and kick ass.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unfortunately, the trend is for on cars to be 30 day wonders who drove with groomed loads(by them before start time) light stop counts and no bulk. They look at a number on a piece of paper and wonder why you are doing so bad. UPS management lives in a virtual world now. We however, are living in the real world of blown out cars, ORION, traffic, bulk, heavy packages,etc.
30 day wonder?

I haven't seen a driver sup that actually drove in over 5 years.