Spoiled Customers and Sob Stories

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Phones have to be attempted at least once before being placed on hold; per shipper request.

All packages are supposed to be attempted at least once before either being placed on hold or forwarded to an Access Point.

Customers can't request orders be held when ordering?

We have regulars who will have their packages addressed to the center for daily pickup but there is no way for a consignee to have it shipped to their home address and request that it be held at the center at the same time.

dezguy

All packages are supposed to be attempted at least once before either being placed on hold or forwarded to an Access Point.

We have regulars who will have their packages addressed to the center for daily pickup but there is no way for a consignee to have it shipped to their home address and request that it be held at the center at the same time.
Again, when did you start working for FedEx??? We regularly have customers call during our sort to have something held at the station for pick up. It gets pulled off the truck and sent to the office where it waits for the customer to come in.

upschuck

Not true

If I'm understanding this correctly, MyChoice, or W/C both can do the trick, and done before the first attempt.

MassWineGuy

If a customer is paying for First Overnight or some other priority delivery service, they'll get the package by that time or earlier. If it's standard service, that gets delivered after all the higher service items. Rather than spoiled customers, my biggest headache is when pickups aren't ready even though customers said they would be ready three hours before I get there.

dezguy

If a customer is paying for First Overnight or some other priority delivery service, they'll get the package by that time or earlier. If it's standard service, that gets delivered after all the higher service items. Rather than spoiled customers, my biggest headache is when pickups aren't ready even though customers said they would be ready three hours before I get there.
PUX 92, call it in when it is ready.

R

RuralRoute

This.

And some of these people will run to grab the empty box or envelope and start putting the item inside and taping it up and say "Oh I'm so sorry it's almost ready just give me 5 minutes!"

Because we have all day to wait and they are the only customer on our pickup list... Right.

dezguy

This.

And some of these people will run to grab the empty box or envelope and start putting the item inside and taping it up and say "Oh I'm so sorry it's almost ready just give me 5 minutes!"

Because we have all day to wait and they are the only customer on our pickup list... Right.
PUX 92, call it in when it is ready.