SPORH Harrassment

Fighting with the sup and center manager about that last week......in my opinion its very difficult to have a lock in ride with the way ups is changing work on a daily basis......on the lock in ride the driver had 40 resi from his route now they took that away and gave him 40 comm from a route they eliminated

Been there, done that! Don't sweat the small stuff. I've been harassed, fired (on paper that is) and had endless OJS rides. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many packages were delivered or if they were residential or commercial. Each component to their calculations is very skewed. But most importantly... "If they can't exactly pin point which of the methods that you are doing wrong, then they don't have grounds to terminate you / discipline you. Even if they did find something you did wrong, the company / management would have had to in good faith address the issue and rectify to problem by offering additional training". When you stand your ground and have a good team representing your local; then those very concerns will be resolved at the first level of the grievance procedure. In my opinion look to cases out of Local 396 for better guidance. That local has the resources available to assist any concerns you may have in your area.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
They only get one ride in a twelve month period.
Tell the on road,while they are asking you that bs about habits.....,they are an "In-cab distraction"and you can't answer them.If they ask you while at a stop ignore them. After several attempts at UPS management bothering you,they,eventually,get the hint and leave you alone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell the on road,while they are asking you that bs about habits.....,they are an "In-cab distraction"and you can't answer them.If they ask you while at a stop ignore them. After several attempts at UPS management bothering you,they,eventually,get the hint and leave you alone.

If you are unable to drive and interact with your on-car you don't belong behind the wheel.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I took a customer from FedEx who shipped $150,000 in ground pkgs per year, insured hi values that we charged them $3000.00 extra per day and graduated to shipping three semi loads of sonic air daily by developing a professional relationship with them and getting the support they needed to make their job easier. I also won the division's premium service contest twice in the first 5 yrs I worked as a ft driver.
I care about ups, it's success and the company's future. I never even got a thank you or "great job" said to me by the division manager who was camping out in our center for a short time. I worked hard to land those accounts because I was proud to be a ups driver. Recognition for the extra mile effort is lacking quite often but us drivers do (for the most part) what we do to take special care of our customers because we care about them. Management (minus BD) has no clue how many of our customers have the bid drivers cell number in case they need something.
There's a lot of hourly that go the extra mile because of those relationships we have with our customers. They are the ones that make it worth the extra effort.
Our businesses growth and steadfast customer base has A LOT to do with the relationships we've developed over years of putting them first in our daily routine. UPS's commercials often depict those relationships and foster that special relationship between our customers and our drivers. If the customers only knew how we are treated they would shake their heads in disbelief.
I'm sorry some management feels that we are overpaid crybabies but our customers look at us as family. That alone cancels out all the dragon fire we endure. Are we perfect? No. But most all of us could benefit from a "good job" now and then. That probably applies to management folks too.
I don't need more things to memorize as much as I need a good load and the encouragement to go out on the street and provide the excellent service we at ups are known for. Just sayin.
That's nice,as a shareholder I thank you.But in the real world I have NEVER received monetary recognition for "sales leads".My business customers have my personal cell phone number and,like today,when I'm off it blows up! I remember who really does sign my pay checks,my customers. If UPS has a problem with me,trust me they have,they are welcome to talk to my customers,they have,and find out why I'm really good at what I do.
If you are unable to drive and interact with your on-car you don't belong behind the wheel.
WOW! I take "in cab distractions" very serious.You should to! I don't talk to people when I'm driving brown trucks.PERIOD! In my years it has always worked,but I view most management stuff as that background noise you learn to ignore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do take in cab distractions very seriously, which is why I don't bring a radio to work; however, I also have the ability to safely drive and answer DOK crap at the same time.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
It's when your on car rides with because he's tired of you standing up for yourself and he's going to try intimidate you for three days.
Yea, I had those! I stayed a "slug" and advised everyone else having production rides to do the same. I survived, and probably would not have without my "slugs attitude". When we were out there one time, I thought my OC would have a stomach ulcer, all I had to do was follow their methods. Better him than me! By the end of the third day I was actually having fun. Surprised he did not go into spontaneous cumbustion!

Overpaid Union Thug

Yea, I had those! I stayed a "slug" and advised everyone else having production rides to do the same. I survived, and probably would not have without my "slugs attitude". When we were out there one time, I thought my OC would have a stomach ulcer, all I had to do was follow their methods. Better him than me! By the end of the third day I was actually having fun. Surprised he did not go into spontaneous cumbustion!
Isn't it funny how those of us that do our jobs correctly are labeled slugs and the rest are supposedly better drivers? LOL.