SPORH Harrassment

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you have been on the same route for a very long time and you are consistent ---say 125 total stops --total paid day ten hours.
When you are ojs'same area --same stops and you consistently work 8.5 hours -that is a problem.
Along with that problem --you constantly cry about and file over 9.5 grievances.

I would personally change my work behavior or you may not even see that paycheck in the future --Whats right is right. Some Drivers B.S. just one extra minute at each stop --and cannot see 2 hours of overtime.

If under supervision --you run + or - 15 minutes of YOUR normal total hours ---no worries --keep filing the 9.5 grievances ---citing the OJS rides --your spc will be adjusted--Whats right is right .

Be careful of taking advice from shi-house lawyers--If you cannot TALK to Management --Talk to your Union Rep.:peaceful:

Good Luck.

Its not that easy. Same stop cnt, same miles, same bulk...maybe so. But they tailor your load, force you out of pick up compliance, walk on your heels, open doors for you, force you to ignore the same customers you see every day, constantly mentally harass the driver by constantly asking "where's your next stop?" as you stop complete the one you're at to try to control your mind and stress you out.
We have to work the same pace and do the right thing every day the same way and then note the discrepancies the management forces on you every day you have an ojs ride. I write them down at lunch and on my last break so I'm ready for a hearing. Honest days work for an honest day's pay. Just be and work honestly. And document. Hopefully you have a good steward and BA because they will try to nail you for "supervised vs unsupervised" to say you're stealing time.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

Gotta love the fox, he's still living the dream.

I don't like the fact that he isolated two variables of a very complicated equation and assumed that he had the "big picture".
We don't work on an assembly line Nancy.
Now it's come down to nancy once again. He's a real nancy isn't he?? He comes back all nice and goes right back to being nancy.

bigblu 2 you

sporhs are for losers.i love the way ups uses acronyms and sells them to us like the gospels.some people fall for it and others just continue to do there jobs.once a manager gave us a pcm about going on break when using the restroom.98% percent blew it off but there was the 2% that folded.and thats what ups is about,,,,numbers,guys giving up break time,running packages off,driving fast,and things of that nature.just a few here and there and it helps the company and scott davis.so lets take stops per on road hours and turn it to sporhs then tell you thats what we expect you to do in the amount of time we deem sufficient and give you a stern talking to and there you have it.the gospel of ups.i carry a notebook and document all conversations,the tone of the conversation,the faces and mannerisms and the overall general feeling during and after discussions along with witness's and such when ridden with or spoken to.many times ive agreed in grievance hearings to withdraw my info for their info.its a win win.but stay classy.

Stonefish

The job is a marathon not a sprint. We have to do it every day for 30-35 years. If you practice following their methods, running trace, following ORION etc... Assume they are following you because they probably are or act like they are sitting in the jump seat when they aren't with you the job becomes easier and less stressful because you're doing it the right way. Document everything (on lunch our break) as CHUCHU said so when they want to ask questions your documentation is in order. When they want to talk to you exercise your Weingarten Rights, ask for union representation, legally they are required and the contact adds better language. They will harass you if you let them.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Its not that easy. Same stop cnt, same miles, same bulk...maybe so. But they tailor your load, force you out of pick up compliance, walk on your heels, open doors for you, force you to ignore the same customers you see every day, constantly mentally harass the driver by constantly asking "where's your next stop?" as you stop complete the one you're at to try to control your mind and stress you out.
We have to work the same pace and do the right thing every day the same way and then note the discrepancies the management forces on you every day you have an ojs ride. I write them down at lunch and on my last break so I'm ready for a hearing. Honest days work for an honest day's pay. Just be and work honestly. And document. Hopefully you have a good steward and BA because they will try to nail you for "supervised vs unsupervised" to say you're stealing time.

Wow too easy:

Massage your load and walk on your heals - You mean he/she is making you use the methods - look for Sequence number, use 30/60 inch selection area, brisk walk pace

(Force you out of compliance) you are now ahead of your pick up schedule cause you haven't been di>>ing around all day. You either get more work or start pickups early.

(Force you to ignore the same customers you see everyday), Attract immediate attention - Get signature and leave, quit talking about non-work related things

(Where's your next stop) - Another method, know your next five stops - Delivery stop or stops, pick up, On Call Air, Call Tag - DIAD and EDD has made people lazy, they have to look at the DIAD after every stop.

If you are doing all the above, no labor guy will touch a case if you are within 15 minutes of same time everyday, but if your SPORH is up over 3 days (yes the union recognizes the 3 day ride) then you better start working like there is a supervisor in the jump seat everyday.

So if you are gonna piss and moan about the job at least know how to do the job because by your comments above.. you do not.

Hope you improve on your methods:peaceful:

dogs.bite.me

In my center, when they get onto us about sporh, I just say, come ride with me. I invite it. When they have rode with me... I go the speed limit and no more. Usually on some of the back roads I drive, I will go over the speed limit (at a safe speed). Example would be I have some streets that are labeled at 20 MPH. I will go 30 on it simply because there are no dangers on that particular road. Some other backroads have 45 and ill do 50 or so. But when they ride with me for sporh, when I am in that old person community and it says 5 MPH on the building.... you know how fast i go? =) I always end up with worse sporh than the day they were onto me about.. So now they don't bother me at all! =)

Stonefish

Wow too easy:

Massage your load and walk on your heals - You mean he/she is making you use the methods - look for Sequence number, use 30/60 inch selection area, brisk walk pace

(Force you out of compliance) you are now ahead of your pick up schedule cause you haven't been di>>ing around all day. You either get more work or start pickups early.

(Force you to ignore the same customers you see everyday), Attract immediate attention - Get signature and leave, quit talking about non-work related things

(Where's your next stop) - Another method, know your next five stops - Delivery stop or stops, pick up, On Call Air, Call Tag - DIAD and EDD has made people lazy, they have to look at the DIAD after every stop.

If you are doing all the above, no labor guy will touch a case if you are within 15 minutes of same time everyday, but if your SPORH is up over 3 days (yes the union recognizes the 3 day ride) then you better start working like there is a supervisor in the jump seat everyday.

So if you are gonna piss and moan about the job at least know how to do the job because by your comments above.. you do not.

Wow too easy
Massage your load happens when drivers get a 3 day ride. You haven't driven so you wouldn't know. Yes they want you to follow methods when it benefits them. Look for sequence numbers and 30/60 in selection are. Would be nice if Preload supervisors trained preloaders properly instead they worry about just getting it in the truck. Brisk walk pace is a matter of opinion and if you had to do the job every day you would have a different opinion but if your truly a Center Manager you wouldn't know.
Force you out of compliance only when they ride with you because they want to di*k with you. Sounds about right until they want to right you up for being out of compliance.
Force you to ignore your customers and let FedEx take the business. No more driver marketing. Makes a lot of sense because the reality is, they pay your salary also.
NO the Union does not recognize 3 day ride, they don't recognize your standards.
He wasn't pissing and moaning about anything. He does the job or he wouldn't be driving. You should get off you a** and go try to do it and demonstrate for 3 day perfectly, you can't.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wow too easy:

​Gotta love the Dragon, he's still living the dream.

Wow too easy
Massage your load happens when drivers get a 3 day ride. You haven't driven so you wouldn't know. Yes they want you to follow methods when it benefits them. Look for sequence numbers and 30/60 in selection are. Would be nice if Preload supervisors trained preloaders properly instead they worry about just getting it in the truck. Brisk walk pace is a matter of opinion and if you had to do the job every day you would have a different opinion but if your truly a Center Manager you wouldn't know.
Force you out of compliance only when they ride with you because they want to di*k with you. Sounds about right until they want to right you up for being out of compliance.
Force you to ignore your customers and let FedEx take the business. No more driver marketing. Makes a lot of sense because the reality is, they pay your salary also.
NO the Union does not recognize 3 day ride, they don't recognize your standards.
He wasn't pissing and moaning about anything. He does the job or he wouldn't be driving. You should get off you a** and go try to do it and demonstrate for 3 day perfectly, you can't.
+100 someone rep this guy for me please I can't right now.