Sporh or total packages?

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
If you are running a commercial route , how do stops per hour and total number of packages figure into how you are evaluated?

If you are looking to run under allowed, SPORH is much more important. A stop allowance is generally about 10 times higher than a delivery package allowance.

Be safe, don't run and follow the methods.

ACmoses

Truth be told, UPS does not make money by the stop. They make money by the package. Commercial routes are the most profitable by far than any residential route. The amount of pkgs picked up and delivered each hour is how UPS makes the real money. SPOHRs are a metric to get us to go faster. Common sense tells us that the larger packages and the higher service levels on each pkg is much more revenue for the company. We are given an average time to deliver all pkgs, but UPS does not charge an average amount to our shippers or UPS would lose big time. UPS knows it takes more resources to include time, energy, and space for heavier and larger pkgs but they don't give us any more time to deliver them. This is why we are paid by the hour.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Truth be told, UPS does not make money by the stop. They make money by the package. Commercial routes are the most profitable by far than any residential route. The amount of pkgs picked up and delivered each hour is how UPS makes the real money. SPOHRs are a metric to get us to go faster. Common sense tells us that the larger packages and the higher service levels on each pkg is much more revenue for the company. We are given an average time to deliver all pkgs, but UPS does not charge an average amount to our shippers or UPS would lose big time. UPS knows it takes more resources to include time, energy, and space for heavier and larger pkgs but they don't give us any more time to deliver them. This is why we are paid by the hour.

I think you missed my point. If the OP is interested in running under allowed, he should focus on increasing his SPORH. He didn't seem to care about how UPS makes or loses money - I just think he wants to make book...

ACmoses

There was nothing being said about "making book" The metrics UPS are arbitrary and used to distract how the company really makes money. You could go into any UPS facility around and find most drivers are over allowed
by over 1 hour or more. If those numbers were realistic the company would be hemorrhaging money. UPS wants us all to believe were not worthy. IE has always been the enemy of operations.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I think you missed my point. If the OP is interested in running under allowed, he should focus on increasing his SPORH. He didn't seem to care about how UPS makes or loses money - I just think he wants to make book...
Yup

Sort off the clock if you want to be %100 sure you make book, it is that simple, so long as you can actually drive and move cardboard from point a to point b.

But stop that practice immediately afterwords. I have an old guy that drives me crazy perfectly squaring their car up 30 minutes to an hour before start.

john chesney

If you are running a commercial route , how do stops per hour and total number of packages figure into how you are evaluated?
Forget about all that :censored2: unless you’re qualifying. I was there over 30 years and don’t know and couldn’t tell you how many sporh i did and I could care less. Don’t wreck the truck and work hard end of story

Siveriano

Sporh is nothing and they cant use it against you.
im 6'3 and there is a guy is is like 4'6 at our center one time one supervisor was telling him i do 2 stops more per hour than him. so i went to the sup and told him it was unfair and unethical that the company is asking me to do more stops per hour than the short guy.
was the last time i hear them comparing drivers performance.
same goes for when they ask you to run (walk a brisk pace).

The Driver

I drive.
If UPS could keep track of how many clouds flew over you yesterday, they would.
friend their numbers and just do the job to the best of your ability.

53D9769B-E86F-4B29-BDC9-807B5F380143.gif

tacken

12 x the square root of 3.5752147.2588 divide that by the number of packages on the floor. Then add in you pickups and there you have it . Your SPHOR dam how long have you worked for this company!