Sports cards

rod

Retired 22 years
What you think is a family heirloom the grandkids will sell for 5 cents on the dollar. Grandkids rarely value what you do and if they do their kids I guarantee-- won't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I learned this hen my parents pas away. You never really own something--you just pass it on.
My wife hired an estate expert. They priced everything of value, then had a sale. They charged 20 percent. We ended up making like $4500. Some junk is worth some bucks.

rod

Retired 22 years
When my Dad passed away (my Mother had passed years earlier) my 2 brothers and I had an auction. Dad was a collector (not a horder) and had a lot of neat stuff. Instead of trying to divide his different collections up we decided just to sell it all. Some stuff went dirt cheap and some stuff went for way more than it was worth. One thing we laughed about was a life size cardboard stand up John Wayne which to this day I think you can still buy on the internet for like $25-30 bucks. Anyway it went for $130.00. We all regretted later on not keeping a few more things of his.

When my Dad passed away (my Mother had passed years earlier) my 2 brothers and I had an auction. Dad was a collector (not a horder) and had a lot of neat stuff. Instead of trying to divide his different collections up we decided just to sell it all. Some stuff went dirt cheap and some stuff went for way more than it was worth. One thing we laughed about was a life size cardboard stand up John Wayne which to this day I think you can still buy on the internet for like $25-30 bucks. Anyway it went for $130.00. We all regretted later on not keeping a few more things of his.
You can't keep everything forever

floridays

Anyway it went for $130.00. We all regretted later on not keeping a few more things of his.
I kinda agree with what you said.
If it brings great memories, let the kids and grandkids haul it to the dump.

I watch Gunsmoke sometimes and know how much my Mom's mom and dad loved the show and at that time I am aware that I'm sharing something my grandparents loved.

My grandfather loved him some Ms. Kitty.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have recently gotten into something called "card breaks", they are pretty damn fun. You buy a spot which is usually a random team and they open boxes of cards and you get all the cards that go to the team you bought. I have got some pretty good cards from it so far, it's a fun way to collect cards I think.

Indecisi0n

I have recently gotten into something called "card breaks", they are pretty damn fun. You buy a spot which is usually a random team and they open boxes of cards and you get all the cards that go to the team you bought. I have got some pretty good cards from it so far, it's a fun way to collect cards I think.
Do they have a service like that with women ?