The Entire Staff of Sports Illustrated was just laid off...

rod

Retired 22 years
GOOG GOOD---that will teach them to try to be "all things" to everyone. They only had ONE good issue a year anyway and ruined that.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1705726705862.png

fishtm2001

The point is that print media has been in trouble for a long time and the sports market is much more saturated than it used to be. There is nothing here for wingnuts to get worked up about.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The point is that print media has been in trouble for a long time and the sports market is much more saturated than it used to be. There is nothing here for wingnuts to get worked up about.
Even if printed media was already in decline, snubbing your core customer base to deliver obese models and guys in bikinis is 100% to blame for accelerating the rest of the way straight into the ground.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When I was 16 I remember going out of my way to go buy the issue with Beyonce.

1705847812022.png

If this had been what they were peddling back then, I can 100% guarantee you I would not have wanted to buy it and wouldn't have.

1705847919530.png

This stuff really isn't hard to figure out.

fishtm2001

Annual circulation had fallen dramatically years ago. They went bi-weekly then monthly long before showing a few non Barbie models. Find something else to be angry about. You can always gaze at posters of Tucker.
These companies don't get it .

They are trying to cater to the minority instead of the majority.
Just like with Bud light people vote with their dollars.

oldngray

nowhere special
When I was 16 I remember going out of my way to go buy the issue with Beyonce.

View attachment 465238

If this had been what they were peddling back then, I can 100% guarantee you I would not have wanted to buy it and wouldn't have.

View attachment 465239

This stuff really isn't hard to figure out.
Sports Illustrated probably made more from the swimsuit issue than all the others combined.

Until they went woke.