Standing Up to the ACLU

Fredless

APWA Hater
Good. Personally, I'm not for religion in public schools - it is my opinion that god has no place in a public school.

However, what that means is that NOTHING else is allowed. I don't want to have ANYTHING practiced in schools from ANY religion if thats the case.

If those parents or whatever can't pass out pamphlets to students who want them, that means no PETA bullcrap, no other "politcally" correct bullcrap either. However, if people get to pass out other hippie liberal garbage to the students - then the Christian group should do so as well.

and for Christ sake, its TENNESSEE!! Its the bible belt. Thats like walking through San Francisco and not expecting to be subjected to some gays holding hands or protesting to have babies in the street. I don't want my (future) children subjected to that nonsense, but ooops,,,its politcally correct so we have to keep our mouths shut and deal with it.

brazenbrown

How about this one?

Student told to cover up Lesbian T-shirt

"Bethany Laccone, 17, said she was asked to cloak a logo of two interlocked female symbols while attending a hotel management class this month at I.C. Norcom High School in Portsmouth. She's a senior at nearby Woodrow Wilson High School, where she has not faced a similar ultimatum."

So lets flaunt our sexuality... This should not be acceptable no matter the sexes on the T-shirt...GEEEEZZZEE

"ACLU leaders want administrators to clarify that students can express political views."

And for some reason this statement wasn't enough for them?? What the hell do interlocking females have to do with someone's political views???

"The school's dress code prohibits "bawdy, salacious or sexually suggestive messages."

"The ACLU gave the school until Jan. 11 to respond or face further action. "What's happening to Bethany Laccone is a clear-cut case of unconstitutional censorship," said Kent Willis, executive director of the Virginia chapter."

Looks like the school is trying to enforce their dress code by not allowing the "bawdy, salacious or sexually suggestive messages" and the ACLU is coming in talking about unconstitutional censorship???

CENSOR THIS ACLU...BITE ME !!:biting:

A

ACLU

"Legal documents in the case show the school's Web site advertised a Christian group called Praying Parents, a practice the school has since discontinued.

The suit also alleges that the Praying Parents were allowed to leave prayer messages with students. It asks the court to stop the activities and prevent the school from supporting them in the future"

And you think MY TAXES should support YOUR Christian groups? Go to H*LL. Or, better yet, send your kid to a private religious school. The doctrine of separation of church and state has kept this country free of religious bigotry. How would you like to live in Syria? There is someone in I.S. who was forced to leave her home country, Syria, because of her Christian faith. You do not know what is good for you. Move to Syria and then tell me that the ACLU sucks, if you are still alive. Religion is a personal matter and should be kept personal. Maybe you would like to join the lunatic fringe of the Church of the Latter Day Saints and have a million wives and disown your sons. Wake up. If you want to have religion, do it with your own money. Geez. There are more horses asses in this world than there are horses.

Overpaid Union Thug

"Legal documents in the case show the school's Web site advertised a Christian group called Praying Parents, a practice the school has since discontinued.

The suit also alleges that the Praying Parents were allowed to leave prayer messages with students. It asks the court to stop the activities and prevent the school from supporting them in the future"

And you think MY TAXES should support YOUR Christian groups? Go to H*LL. Or, better yet, send your kid to a private religious school. The doctrine of separation of church and state has kept this country free of religious bigotry. How would you like to live in Syria? There is someone in I.S. who was forced to leave her home country, Syria, because of her Christian faith. You do not know what is good for you. Move to Syria and then tell me that the ACLU sucks, if you are still alive. Religion is a personal matter and should be kept personal. Maybe you would like to join the lunatic fringe of the Church of the Latter Day Saints and have a million wives and disown your sons. Wake up. If you want to have religion, do it with your own money. Geez. There are more horses asses in this world than there are horses.

Your ACLU is a fraud. Nothing but a communist agenda bent on destroying the country from the inside out. If the ACLU truly practiced what it preached then it would be a great thing. BUT unfortunately it seems to just want to destroy this country from within. Oh by the way......the constitution says nothing about the seperation of church and state. Why does your Godless ACLU continue to pretend that it does? WAKE UP!

brazenbrown

There are more horses asses in this world than there are horses.

Yes, I'll have to agree! So tell me...what does it feel like to be a horsee's ass??

I'm not a practicing Christian right winger Jerry Fawell type. I'm a God believing, protect our schools from Lesbian flaunting and that type of perversion expression in our schools kind of person. I also believe that people including christians, muslims, buddists and mormons don't have the right to impose their beliefs in the schools...

When the ACLU comes into a school and demands an anwser for a sexually inappropriate type of display claiming it is a freedom of speech issue, than they need to go to Syria themselves and experience real so called ACLU violations and perhaps get their heads chopped off in the process.

Again, the ACLU can still Bite me!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here's the "symbol" the girl had on her shirt:
form-submit.jsp.gif

Pretty scary stuff eh?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I thought the tee shirt picture was of 2 women figures embracing........the medical symbol for women is a different story.

That symbol you posted is not offensive to me. I hug women friends all the time, especially the ones I haven't seen in awhile.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
moreluck said:
I hug women friends all the time

I dunno more, that sounds pretty "bawdy, salacious, and sexually suggestive" to me. If I was an instructor and saw something like that I might have trouble teaching the class... :wink2:

from the article Brazen linked said:
According to the ACLU, administrators later told Laccone's father the shirt had upset a conservative instructor and interfered with her ability to teach.

brazenbrown

Here's the "symbol" the girl had on her shirt:
form-submit-jsp-gif.16422

Pretty scary stuff eh?

If you're correct on this being the symbol I'll have to agree not really enough to make an issue over. What the hell is female about that?? I did look on the net to see if they put the picture up and could not find it. I did find some more graphic lesbian interlocking type t-shirts though along with these as examples and some of the others would be offensive whether hetero or not..

This of course does not look like two interlocked female symbols to me but I'm not an authority on all the symbols and what they mean. With the little crosses it looks more like two church going people to me.. No offense of course!:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brazen.....if you are old enough to remember the old Ben Casey show, it opened every week with the medical symbols for Man, Woman, Birth, Death and infinity. Infinity was a symbol that looked like an "8" only lying down. The Woman symbol was one of those 2 symbols on that girl's shirt.

I know, I'm ancient !! :sad:

av8torntn

And you think MY TAXES should support YOUR Christian groups? Go to H*LL. Or, better yet, send your kid to a private religious school. The doctrine of separation of church and state has kept this country free of religious bigotry. How would you like to live in Syria?

And you think MY TAXES should support a school that promotes your values? Why don't you send your kid to a private non religious school?

If you think this country has been free of religious bigotry you are living in a fantasy world. Maybe you would like to live in Syria.

ezmoney5150

Repubs hate the ACLU for everything under the sun except defending Rush Limbaugh. I am not happy with the ACLU for fighting laws in towns that require employers to hire Americans.

But you know what? Apparently they are the only non partisan organization that believes in the bill of rights.

The Constitution is the only thing they follow. Not a political philosophy or public polls. I might not always agree with them but the only side they take is the Constitutions.

Overpaid Union Thug

Repubs hate the ACLU for everything under the sun except defending Rush Limbaugh. I am not happy with the ACLU for fighting laws in towns that require employers to hire Americans.

But you know what? Apparently they are the only non partisan organization that believes in the bill of rights.

The Constitution is the only thing they follow. Not a political philosophy or public polls. I might not always agree with them but the only side they take is the Constitutions.

They follow the constitution? Oh really? That is funny because I've been looking over the Constitution to try and find exactly where it says that there is to be a "seperation of church and state" and I still haven't found it.

ezmoney5150

They follow the constitution? Oh really? That is funny because I've been looking over the Constitution to try and find exactly where it says that there is to be a "seperation of church and state" and I still haven't found it.

The first Amendment states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free excercise therof"

The Supreme court has upheld this provision and if you like I can give you the case history.