Starbucks at Yosemite National Park

Starbucks at Yosemite

• Total voters

MAKAVELI

Lol. I know that. You don’t think of it as getting a foot in the door?
Not really the rules and regulations for building in a national park are pretty tight. That's why there's a very limited number of hotel rooms in the valley. But if you've been there recently you'd realize it's already commercialized. Adding a Starbucks inside the lodge just is trying to appeal to the Yuppie tourist that come through there. Like I said if you really want to experience the park you have to be willing to venture outside the valley where there's less people and just the natural surroundings.

bbsam

Staff member
Not really the rules and regulations for building in a national park are pretty tight. That's why there's a very limited number of hotel rooms in the valley. But if you've been there recently you'd realize it's already commercialized. Adding a Starbucks inside the lodge just is trying to appeal to the Yuppie tourist that come through there. Like I said if you really want to experience the park you have to be willing to venture outside the valley where there's less people and just the natural surroundings.
That's a good point. When I went out to my brothers place in Washington we stayed at a lodge on Mt Rainier. There was a truly permeating sense surrounded by such majesty that to litter or tread somehow less than lightly would be the lowest action possible on planet earth.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I can’t wrap my head around going to such a beautiful place and saying to myself, I must have a cup of Starbucks coffee. Lol. It’s kind of like going to Italy and looking for a McDonald’s.

vantexan

That's a good point. When I went out to my brothers place in Washington we stayed at a lodge on Mt Rainier. There was a truly permeating sense surrounded by such majesty that to litter or tread somehow less than lightly would be the lowest action possible on planet earth.
Felt that way when first working in Colorado. And in Sedona, AZ. And in Santa Fe, NM. Soon realized it was nice but just in the background, still had to make a living. Which is what frustrates locals in places like Utah when national monuments are created that curbs their ability to get a job. Outsiders who spend all year in a big city wanting a pristine environment to hike around in. Worked in Seattle too, been to Mt.Rainier. Beautiful area.

MAKAVELI

I can’t wrap my head around going to such a beautiful place and saying to myself, I must have a cup of Starbucks coffee. Lol. It’s kind of like going to Italy and looking for a McDonald’s.
The Lodge is in no way roughing it whatsoever. It's pretty pricey especially during Peak summer months. People that stay there are more affluent and are not there to get the camping experience.