Static shock!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I haven't had the problem with pkg cars but I do with my personal vehicle. I have sheepskin seat covers and get shocked everytime I get out of my car.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It happens in the winter when it is cold with very little humidity.

I always touch the lock with the key before I grab the bulkhead door chain with my hand. You can actually see the little spark jump between the key and the lock.

InTheRed

this always happens in the colder weather.

I got in the habit of touching my whole hand to the door to ground myself of the shock. A small charge would come across, but it wouldn't be on my fingertip, rather, it would be on my entire hand so I wouldn't feel it.

StopCount

...touch the bulk head door with your right hand. I have been doing this for so long that it's become a habit that I do year round.

I tap the bulkead door with my knuckle before I open it.

It's a year round habit for me too and I'm sure some of my customers think I have and OCD problem :]

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Thanks for the suggestions. Some of you guys had me chuckling this morning. I think I will try touching the door before I slide out of it like "BigBrownSanta" suggested. Gonna take some dryer sheets with me today also. Thanks again.
"Cattle Prod"...you guys crack me up!!

Wynter

Bah, don't say the "S" word. A simple solution like a dryer sheet won't work for me unfortunately. I'm not a driver, I work preload and the shocks I have to deal with every winter come from those blasted smalls bags. Those lousy pieces of zippered woven plastic build up a charge like you wouldn't believe. :knockedout: Where I am we dump the contents of those bags into what look like large industrial laundry carts, like you might also see moving mail around at a post office. In the process of emptying one bag, if I'm standing too close to the metal edge of that cart, I can get shocked three or four times on my lower stomach before I'm done. Though I can't complain too much compared to a old co-worker of mine... a guy who was a few inches taller than me. Everyone once in a while he would forget and get too close. I could tell those times by the look on his face. :dead: Started calling them "Electric Eel Incidents". I doubt my getting zotted in the stomach three or four times per bag can even compare to what he dealt with even once.... heh.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its just the people with electrifying personalities.
But Yes static guard, and dryer sheets, I find cling free works best.
Tried the dvir thing, they just laughed.

ol'browneye

Bah, don't say the "S" word. A simple solution like a dryer sheet won't work for me unfortunately. I'm not a driver, I work preload and the shocks I have to deal with every winter come from those blasted smalls bags. Those lousy pieces of zippered woven plastic build up a charge like you wouldn't believe. :knockedout: Where I am we dump the contents of those bags into what look like large industrial laundry carts, like you might also see moving mail around at a post office. In the process of emptying one bag, if I'm standing too close to the metal edge of that cart, I can get shocked three or four times on my lower stomach before I'm done. Though I can't complain too much compared to a old co-worker of mine... a guy who was a few inches taller than me. Everyone once in a while he would forget and get too close. I could tell those times by the look on his face. :dead: Started calling them "Electric Eel Incidents". I doubt my getting zotted in the stomach three or four times per bag can even compare to what he dealt with even once.... heh.

I was going to comment on this exact thing! We preload outside at the satelite center. I have to be very careful emptying those small bags as my crotch is the same height as the metal rollers...YEOW!!!!!!! SON OF A ...GOD...MOTHER...!

btw, I also just touch the key to the door before I touch anything else!

Have your mechanic fasten a single rubber strip to the bottom of your truck that drags on the ground. This will keep the truck grounded and prevent static build up.

awnry

After you set the parking brake, hold on to the brake handle until you stand up. That always keeps me from getting shocked.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
my biggest shock was looking into the back of that cah every morning,but now I'm in feeders and dont work right 705RED !!!!