Static shock!!

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Am I the only one who gets a static shock every time I slide off of the driver seat and touch something metal on the truck? It happens every winter when the air gets dry. Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening? I've been putting up with it for the past 20 years and it' really getting annoying!

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I also have had this problem lately and brought a couple of dryer sheets with me in my bag and take them and rub them on the seat for about five min and seems to work for the day.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Fabric sheets in both of your back pockets will help and nothing the matter with spreading some liquid fabric softener at night.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tie a drag chain on your ankle, just like gasoline trucks do.:peaceful:

Bad Sat.

The back of your hand has few nerve endings compared to to the end of your fingers. Develop the habit of touching the back of your hand to metal. Never thought of touching the key to metal as j4ck4zz suggested. That should work even better.

BigBrownSanta

Before you get up from your seat, reach back and touch the bulk head door with your right hand. Then as you slide out of your seat continue touching the door. The static charge will flow through your hand to the door. You won't get shocked. I have been doing this for so long that it's become a habit that I do year round.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have noticed this shock too from time to time. I figured it was some kind of device built into the Package car like a cattle prod to make us work faster.:wink2:

satellitedriver

Bad Sat.

The back of your hand has few nerve endings compared to to the end of your fingers. Develop the habit of touching the back of your hand to metal. Never thought of touching the key to metal as j4ck4zz suggested. That should work even better.
I guess I should have called it a grounding chain.

rod

Retired 22 years
There were days that little shock a 100 plus times a day was the only thing that kept me awake.:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
FEEDERS???!!!! by butt----- I worked for a living!!!!30 years- every frikin one of them as a delivery driver:wink2:

Last edited: