Stealing company time

DOK

We had a supe that weighed at least 350 pounds. When we told her to show us how to do it faster She told us it wasnt her job to do OUR job,rather her job was to make us do our job "better"...................I cant make this stuff up lol
I’m always willing to learn how to do my job safer and more efficiently, come show me.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had a combo run that was weird.
I started my day at 11:00 am , was instructed to transfer misloads between PCs.
The OMT who handled my work ( by DIAD ) ended her shift at 2 PM.
So from 2 PM until my air run started at 5:30 PM I had nothing to do.
And any parcels I had in my Aircar, I was told by the center manager to NEVER delivery.
This went on for over 2 years.

Was I stealing company time ?

Thebrownblob

I had a combo run that was weird.
I started my day at 11:00 am , was instructed to transfer misloads between PCs.
The OMT who handled my work ( by DIAD ) ended her shift at 2 PM.
So from 2 PM until my air run started at 5:30 PM I had nothing to do.
And any parcels I had in my Aircar, I was told by the center manager to NEVER delivery.
This went on for over 2 years.

Was I stealing company time ?
Did you by chance ever stop at any convenience stores and get a drink or a hotdog?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
One of my supervisors keeps accusing me of stealing company time because I lose to my route more days than I beat it. I am not doing anything wrong, I'm only working at a safe consistent pace. He never acted this way until I filed my first 9.5 grievance last year. What is the best way to get him off my back? Thanks
Make sure you don’t have any bad habits that they can get you for. Follow the methods and take no shortcuts. Nothing they can do to you. If it keeps up start filing harassment grievances.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
One of my supervisors keeps accusing me of stealing company time because I lose to my route more days than I beat it. I am not doing anything wrong, I'm only working at a safe consistent pace. He never acted this way until I filed my first 9.5 grievance last year. What is the best way to get him off my back? Thanks
Tell your on road to put his computer in your drivers seat and see if it can make the numbers.

Brown Down

Tell them the jump seat is always open. And when they try and tell you to do things against the methods tell them you want it in writing and signed. I have yet to have an unscheduled ride and no papers signed at all.

HavenoEDD

Read your contract and feel free to talk to your steward and ba about haraassment.

-Preloader loaded the truck wrong.
-Stopped for en route vehicle inspection
-Handheld electronic device malfunctioning and software not up to date.
-Adjusting vehicle speed -10mph based on inclement weather conditions.
Let me think,

Avoid prolonged conversation with customers, walk briskly, put your phone in “Do Not Disturb” mode as to avoid unnecessary distractions, pack a lunch, try to only use the restroom en route, do not wait in a line, do not assist any pedestrians with their tasks while making deliveries, if practical park in an area away from pedestrians so as to not be distracted while unloading, trip plan and know the weather forecast ahead of time… the list goes on.

If you are held up by a customer, pedestrian, or an incident, document what went on, what day and time it occurred, and how much time elapsed before getting back to work. The same goes for your electronic scanner. If it is malfunctioning, document it.

R1wonder

All I’ll say is watch your ass . I’ve been out over a week for stopping for a drink and didn’t record it . Took 3 min at most . Do not give them a reason to fire you . They’ll find anything