Stealing time

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my 38 years with this outfit, I came to realize one thing. It doesn't matter who you are or how good you do your job, If management wants to find something to terminate you for, they will. Doesn't matter if it's imagined or for real. If they get a chance to make an example of someone to impress the rest of the masses, they will, even if they know you will be getting your job back. Anyone who works there can be replaced.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In my 38 years with this outfit, I came to realize one thing. It doesn't matter who you are or how good you do your job, If management wants to find something to terminate you for, they will. Doesn't matter if it's imagined or for real. If they get a chance to make an example of someone to impress the rest of the masses, they will, even if they know you will be getting your job back. Anyone who works there can be replaced.

Maybe, I am reading your post wrong.

It suggests.... to smilek the companies :censored2: ??

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have had a rash of accidents (16 YTD) and our center manager repeatedly stressed the need to call them in immediately. We had a driver who waited 40 minutes before calling in his property damage accident. He came in the next morning, dressed and ready to go, only to be told he had been terminated for failure to report an accident in a timely manner. Everyone, including the center manager, knew he would get his job back----he was using him to get his point across. He was back within a week.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have had a rash of accidents (16 YTD) and our center manager repeatedly stressed the need to call them in immediately. We had a driver who waited 40 minutes before calling in his property damage accident. He came in the next morning, dressed and ready to go, only to be told he had been terminated for failure to report an accident in a timely manner. Everyone, including the center manager, knew he would get his job back----he was using him to get his point across. He was back within a week.

That reads like you are justifying getting a haircut while on the clock because, in your mind, stealing time isn't as serious as not reporting an accident in a timely manner.

Atta boy.

Hopefully....

Some of these members, will do the same.

Instead of whining about it here.

-Bug-
Im even wearing your favorite shirt!
20141019_093200.jpg
I had it on at the union meeting today! So did a few others!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That reads like you are justifying getting a haircut while on the clock because, in your mind, stealing time isn't as serious as not reporting an accident in a timely manner.
Threads evolve and one has nothing to do with the other.

Yeah but, this thread started about stealing time. As a matter of fact, that is the title.

You brought up the 16 accidents.

(BTW, why do you even have the same management team after 16 accidents in 10 months?)