Stevetheupsguy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, I am sorry to hear of your marital issues. It is obvious that you are very much a part of your daughters' lives and to go from an everyday Dad to an every other weekend Dad will be the toughest part of the transition for you. Make the most of the time that you do have with them and refrain from talking badly about their Mom. The girls are young and the two of you will be a part of their lives so you will need to find a way to get along. When you start dating, take your time in introducing this new person to the girls. The girls will resent you whether this is your fault or not.

From a legal standpoint, check with your union local as you should have legal representation as one of your benefits. I quickly Googled "Florida child support laws" and Florida has one of the more complicated child support calculators that I have seen. You can expect to pay 25-33% of your check each week in support, which is not tax deductible. Your lawyer will be able to answer any questions that you may have.

Divorce does not have to be the end.

Raw

Raw Member
I guess hiding here under this rock isn't doing anything for me, so I guess I'll open up about my situation. My Wife of 11 years, and I, have split. This was not a mutually agreed to decision, so I'm a bit heart broken right now. I've been forced to start all over, AGAIN. So while I have every other weekend free to do as I please, I guessed it would be best to chime in and let you people know what was up. Other than this, I'm injured, so I haven't been running, though I did requalify for the 2012 Boston Marathon, on December 19th, which is the last time I ran. I have had a groin issue for quite sometime, and developed a case of Plantar Fasciitis while training for my last marathon.

I'm not saying that I haven't been working, or even working out, I'm just not running right now till I get this groin issue fixed. My foot seems to be recovering, with a little help from some sort of steroid my buddy the foot Dr has injected.

So, as you can tell, I'm not feeling to well, and I don't want the pain of my situation bleeding into everything I post. What I've said pretty much covers everything, so I'll leave it at that.

Oh, and btw, I miss you guys...........including the old Air Force "dude".

Sorry, forgot to post my latest picture. WHAT; It's a crisis!

100_5849.jpg

I feel your pain as I got divorced a few years ago after a very long marriage, not easy. Hang in there! Your another example of why I don`t go all out excersizing, just try to maintain, I find that people who are very hardcore in their workouts usually get injured frequently!

slantnosechevy

Good luck to you. Been there done that. Nothing like starting over working like we do. It will be agonizing until things are final. Lawyers are the only ones who benefit. Take care of yourself, your daughters, and your job in that order. You'll find the job can keep your mind off things and once the women on your route find out your single again.......well just be careful on that one too. One more thing, you find out real fast who your friends are. Hang in there.

Cementups

Box Monkey