Stewards Exempt from Paying Union Dues?

5habits100

We'll all get to make our "own decision". I'm certainly not going to make my decision based on a second or third hand report of some anonymous guys saying "you don't want to be in a hearing with this guy." I can assure you that I do not want to be in a hearing, negotiations, an Article 20 dispute, or a luncheon with JH! And I've made that decision based on firsthand knowledge. When I do cast that vote, I'll think of the many Teamsters who are now gone, based on the actions of JH. Thanks, but no thanks.
What?

5habits100

We'll all get to make our "own decision". I'm certainly not going to make my decision based on a second or third hand report of some anonymous guys saying "you don't want to be in a hearing with this guy." I can assure you that I do not want to be in a hearing, negotiations, an Article 20 dispute, or a luncheon with JH! And I've made that decision based on firsthand knowledge. When I do cast that vote, I'll think of the many Teamsters who are now gone, based on the actions of JH. Thanks, but no thanks.
Where do you guys come up with these stupid comments

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If the alternate has to step in are their dues refunded while they are on the job?

If they have to step in for the entire month, due to the Steward being off for surgery or something else, yes, their dues are paid by the local.

If they need to step in for a day or two here and there, Steward on vacation, no, their dues are not paid.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think you've pointed out in the past that you don't like to be corrected.

I don't recall ever posting that.

But, who does like being corrected (if and when) they are wrong ?

I recently agreed with Mugarolla when my memory faded, and I posted an incorrect statement.

So.... there's that.

However, at the risk of doing it again, I'd point out that I think you mean principle here. Example: Your principal officer may actually have no principles...or the principle of reimbursing Stewards for their dues may be opposed by your principal officer.

Thanks for the english lesson.

(It's usually me, who has a penchant for proper grammar)

Incidentally, I happen to agree with the principle of reimbursing Stewards for their dues. Most of them do damn good work in a thankless position.

Maybe, there is hope for you.... after all. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Here you go Johnny
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hey lead , you "on call" tomorrow or u got a start time?

You know me...
I don't recall ever posting that.

But, who does like being corrected (if and when) they are wrong ?

I recently agreed with Mugarolla when my memory faded, and I posted an incorrect statement.

So.... there's that.

Thanks for the english lesson.

(It's usually me, who has a penchant for proper grammar)

Maybe, there is hope for you.... after all. :biggrin:

-Bug-
Bug, Do you speak.........like you type?

Because, that would make for, a suspenseful........................conversation.

Just..........sayin.

-251-

Holydriver

Bug, Do you speak.........like you type?

Because, that would make for, a suspenseful........................conversation.

Just..........sayin.

-251-
yea, this dude is difficult to even read. You, got it, right. he is, not very know, ledgeable, about how to use a, comma