Stick shift

fedx

Extra Large Package
How many hours does it take to learn how to drive a stick?
Depends on how many wheels you have. 4 wheels might only take 2 hours to master shifting. 18 wheels might take over 2 weeks to get decent at it. Semis require double clutching that only involves tapping the clutch. Downshifting is way different on a semi too. Semis also take off from a stop without touching the accelerator whereas a car would stall. So it depends on what type of vehicle you're talking about.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Since you're learning, flat or on an incline... when in doubt, take your foot completely off the clutch with your left foot but step on the gas pedal with your right foot right before you release the clutch with your left. Problem solved, every time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
pgjgWV.gif

Ups prodigy

Hours? Are you serious? If you can't get the general idea in a few minutes driving might not be in your future.
i already have the general idea *****. i mean actually learning all the controls and driving proficiently on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ups prodigy

Buy a car with a stick. A few weeks on that and you are set.

Now stop crying.
Your an idiot im not buying a whole other car with a stick just to learn when it should only take a couple hours, and when im only giving someone 50 bucks to teach me in their truck. retarded advice is worse than no advice

Wally

Your an idiot im not buying a whole other car with a stick just to learn when it should only take a couple hours, and when im only giving someone 50 bucks to teach me in their truck. retarded advice is worse than no advice
Couple of hours?

It takes more that. A few weeks yes, a few hours, no.

When you can drive without thinking about it, you are set.

Now stop crying.

Wally

First day of Package Car. Don't forget he had a full two hours with the "Earl Scheib $50 clutch training class" because "that's all it takes".
2016-11-06-15-23-24--1369219114.jpg