Still can't access the retirement calculator....

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Trust me.....you'll never know.
You're a pathetic excuse for a man.
1664901494331.png

Thebrownblob

My only problem now is I want to leave today. I'm done.

I've been told we have to show for our last day "party" to get paid last day(no work). I guess they can have one....I won't be there.
I know we haven’t had the best of terms on here, but honestly wish you the very best for your retirement. I don’t blame you for not wanting the silly cake.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I've been told we have to show for our last day "party" to get paid last day(no work). I guess they can have one....I won't be there.

You gonna quit the BC when you retire?

Fingers crossed

Re-Raise

I just decided to retire one day before Thanksgiving. I called my wife..then called the President of Local 710..that I had considered a friend for years because he used to be our BA.

He answered..he looked up my credits on his computer. He said be sure and fill out that I was resigning for “retirement“ so they didn’t try to fire me for job abandonment and call him back after.

There were a few forms to fill out declaring if I wanted survivor pension for my wife. I had my first pension check by the middle of December

qdg2

I know we haven’t had the best of terms on here, but honestly wish you the very best for your retirement. I don’t blame you for not wanting the silly cake.
Laughable...."best of terms"....omg.

Handful of the most hateful internet scumbags on the planet.

You guys will find another........bullies always, do.

qdg2

I just decided to retire one day before Thanksgiving. I called my wife..then called the President of Local 710..that I had considered a friend for years because he used to be our BA.

He answered..he looked up my credits on his computer. He said be sure and fill out that I was resigning for “retirement“ so they didn’t try to fire me for job abandonment and call him back after.

There were a few forms to fill out declaring if I wanted survivor pension for my wife. I had my first pension check by the middle of December
My only complaint so far is the vacation weeks payout. And not getting the option week(I qualified for it).

They say it'll be 4-6 weeks after the New Year. Apparently they can't think outside that box.

And it will be a live check.....that has to be NDA'd to my house from 40 miles away......LOLOLOL....it must be this way. Cannot be any other way.

qdg2

Well Burr said that, not me. But it’s all good you put the time in, and as a fellow upser and Teamster I can respect and understand what it took to get where your at. Congrats.
You remind me of Eddie Haskell on Leave It To Beaver. 2 faced as it gets. Please spare me.

Thebrownblob

You really are unbelievable. People try to be nice to you, and yet you still push them away.
It’s really not a big deal, I can disagree with someone and still appreciate the time and effort they put into their job because I can empathize with how hard it is to put 30 or 40 years in. My well wishes on retirement are certainly genuine regardless of past disagreements.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It’s really not a big deal, I can disagree with someone and still appreciate the time and effort they put into their job because I can empathize with how hard it is to put 30 or 40 years in. My well wishes on retirement are certainly genuine regardless of past disagreements.

Trust me, I agree. But old Quad takes offense to even positive responses. Definite personality problem.

Johney

You really are unbelievable. People try to be nice to you, and yet you still push them away.
I was going to give him all the answer's he needed to successfully complete the process as I just did it less than a year ago, I have every form needed saved and could definitely speed up the process ,but to be honest the way he's treating people trying to help him he can pound sand. I had my vacation check two weeks after I retired because I knew who to talk to and what had to be done.
qdg2, I hope you/they completely screw it up I'll LOL at you when you return here looking for help. DB.

Johney

The latest one in my center took a little over two weeks. Online info, NDA(marriage cert ID Etc) to Atlanta. 10 days later email from Atlanta with confirmation. Your mileage may vary. This driver was in Central States,Preloaded and drove. No issues like yours.

Whatever it is I hope it gets worked out easily for you. Talking to a real person is always a challenge and they work on their own time.

i would suggest you email [email protected] as trying to get a real live human on the phone is a very long shot.
Call your hall as well, they can help.

Take a day off and spend it trying to get your paperwork right so you can file.
I did everything online. The only thing I did first was send in the estimate paperwork making sure it matched the calculator. Got my reply within 10 days and then completed the paperwork online and received my confirmation within 10 days that it was all good. Check showed up just like they said. Only problem I had was with my termination date and that got fixed.

Johney

My only complaint so far is the vacation weeks payout. And not getting the option week(I qualified for it).

They say it'll be 4-6 weeks after the New Year. Apparently they can't think outside that box.

And it will be a live check.....that has to be NDA'd to my house from 40 miles away......LOLOLOL....it must be this way. Cannot be any other way.
My vacation check was direct deposited two weeks after I retired. 6 weeks paid in full.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not as difficult as you hope it is.....

I know you are disappointed I'm retiring as you've always said I wouldn't be able to....

IDK....59 pretty good. But then right on track....all set. But then you don't know me......Bahamas are going to be nice...
What changed tuff guy Just a few months ago you were making more money than you could spend
Now all of a sudden you can’t retire fast enough
Sounds to me like you don’t have any kind of plan you’re just winging it as they say

qdg2

What changed tuff guy Just a few months ago you were making more money than you could spend
Now all of a sudden you can’t retire fast enough
Sounds to me like you don’t have any kind of plan you’re just winging it as they say
Don't need any "kind of plan".....

I got plenty. Jealous? OMG.

Now where are those airplane keys?....ah beside the vette keys....just winging it.......get it? Chuckle.

Say, where is the best place to buy 5.00x5 aircraft tires? Thought you'd know.....