stock price??

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
The stock will move up and down for a multitude of reasons. Some of which can be controlled and some that can not. What continues to baffle me is why we have not learned how to speak to Wall Street. Either we are silent or we are saying the wrong thing. This is one thing we CAN control. One thing you have to respect about FedEx is that Fred always knew what to say and when to say it. He always seemed to be able to move the stock up when he spoke to Wall Street. Why can't we do the same? Do we need outside help?

UPSERS know how to move packages and make money--we don't know how to speak WALLSTREETESE----it would be a smart move for UPS to hire a Financial Analyst that would be our voice to Wall Street---how many quarters of record earnings and downward stock prices is it going to take to get UPS to realize this??

Channahon

UPSERS know how to move packages and make money--we don't know how to speak WALLSTREETESE----it would be a smart move for UPS to hire a Financial Analyst that would be our voice to Wall Street---how many quarters of record earnings and downward stock prices is it going to take to get UPS to realize this??
Right on the money on this one ( no pun intended)

Dfigtree

From the UPS web site:
A native of Vincennes, Ind., Eskew graduated from Purdue University with a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering. He also completed the Advanced Management Program at the Wharton School of Business.

He got his BACHELOR's from PURDUE. A true BOILERMAKER. But what did he get from the Wharton? He completed a four week course called Advanced Management Program and masquerades as a Wharton Business School grad? If this is true, and I have no idea if what he attended is what is currently offered, Mike has no business background. And you wonder why UPS stock is floundering. Sounds fishy. Advanced Management Program - Wharton Executive Education

constructively dissatisfi

He got his BACHELOR's from PURDUE. A true BOILERMAKER. But what did he get from the Wharton? He completed a four week course called Advanced Management Program and masquerades as a Wharton Business School grad? If this is true, and I have no idea if what he attended is what is currently offered, Mike has no business background. And you wonder why UPS stock is floundering. Sounds fishy. Advanced Management Program - Wharton Executive Education

Several Management Committee members have gone through that program. It's like putting a little lipstick on a pig. ;)

michael

Chicago area
Can someone tell me why, if we can see this, the people in Atlanta can't ? Or is it that they don't want to acknowledge it ? We are not new at this game anymore, it's getting old.

Dfigtree

Can someone tell me why, if we can see this, the people in Atlanta can't ? Or is it that they don't want to acknowledge it ? We are not new at this game anymore, it's getting old.
It's getting old. 100 years old. Too old. What's needed is new blood. [SIZE=-1]Marty Schottenheimer is available and I would bet 14 to 2 that as CEO of UPS he would increase shareholder value.[/SIZE]

A

an anonymous guest

Wharton School or not, MIke's a pretty smart guy. Maybe even smarter than me, since UPS sent me to he Wharton School for a couple of Technology Management courses, but I didn't make it to the management committee, I found out later it works this way, make it to the management committee first, then go to school. I think all the remarks about UPS communications are 'dead on' with emphasis on dead. Whoever gave our management folks media training was incompetent, and the image we project to the public from Atlanta often leads people astray.

However, our strategic and tactical efforts have been pretty good, except for SCS (and that willl work eventually), global expansion, focus on China, UPS Retail, we are still growing here in the US, and we still pick 'em up and deliver them better than anybody. So all I am saying is...give Mike a chance...for a little while longer.

Go UPS!
P71

Dfigtree

Wharton School or not, MIke's a pretty smart guy. Maybe even smarter than me, since UPS sent me to he Wharton School for a couple of Technology Management courses, but I didn't make it to the management committee, I found out later it works this way, make it to the management committee first, then go to school. I think all the remarks about UPS communications are 'dead on' with emphasis on dead. Whoever gave our management folks media training was incompetent, and the image we project to the public from Atlanta often leads people astray.

However, our strategic and tactical efforts have been pretty good, except for SCS (and that willl work eventually), global expansion, focus on China, UPS Retail, we are still growing here in the US, and we still pick 'em up and deliver them better than anybody. So all I am saying is...give Mike a chance...for a little while longer.

Go UPS!
P71
P71. You went to school? Wharton, yet? If going to Wharton for a few weeks qualifies Mike to be CEO, then how come you weren't CEO? You say Mike is a smart dude. Well, so was Richard Feynman (not a UPSer, Cheryl) and I would not want him running UPS. Give Mike a chance? Five years is more than a chance. IT BEEN A **** eternity. It's proof that he cannot provide value to shareholders. These ain't these days of a private Enterprise whose 5 year mission is to boldly go where no package company has gone before. This is a public corporation who 5 year mission is to increase the stock price. Mike is simply hanging on 'cause his hubris says he has to be CEO for the Centennial. MIKE MUST GO. My investment plan to totally be diversified out of UPS stock in 2 years. that might be 2 years too long. Mike has cost the shareholders a lot of money.

psstdrvr

FP, I wouldn't wait 2 years to dump this loser, everyday you wait its costing you money. Best move I made was to get out when corporate started to micro-manage. Since then I've done great. The board of directors and the clown Eskew have no clue what goes on outside their glass tower. The morale in this company from both management and hourly is at the lowest level I've seen in my 28 years here. Wow, as of now FDX up $4.08, UPS up $0.54!!!!!!! Hey Mikey think Wall Street is trying to tell you something?? Take the hint and step down..best thing you can do for the company.

L

LikeUPSButLoveFDXStock

i am a loyal upser, but my investment in fdx stock was one of the best moves i've made in recent years. closed at 117.58 today...yeah! i'll sell fdx and buy ups stock back when i think it will go somewhere. so far, kramer the blowhard looks to be right. ups funds my weekly/monthly budgetary needs, but fdx looks like it will fund my retirement.

A

an anonymous guest

So let me ask anyone who reads this who has an investment in UPS. What could be done from now until our 100th birthday that would warm the soul of Jim Casey and deliver increased shareholder value. Here's a couple from me:

1. UPS gets ahead of schedule in planned management staff reductions and expands the program.
2. UPS and Teamsters reach a tentative agreement this summer.
3. UPS beats analyst expectations this quarter.
4. SCS turns profitable with decent prospects....

I have more, but the board member replacement program started today, very positive in my view. Dinosaurs belong in a museum.

Any other suggestions (hey! we've heard enough about the big guys having to step down, that's too easy)...and Feynman is dead so he can't join the board.

Go UPS!
P71

Dfigtree

So let me ask anyone who reads this who has an investment in UPS. What could be done from now until our 100th birthday that would warm the soul of Jim Casey and deliver increased shareholder value. Here's a couple from me:

1. UPS gets ahead of schedule in planned management staff reductions and expands the program.
2. UPS and Teamsters reach a tentative agreement this summer.
3. UPS beats analyst expectations this quarter.
4. SCS turns profitable with decent prospects....

I have more, but the board member replacement program started today, very positive in my view. Dinosaurs belong in a museum.

Any other suggestions (hey! we've heard enough about the big guys having to step down, that's too easy)...and Feynman is dead so he can't join the board.

Go UPS!
P71
A true physicist never dies, he just gets sucked into a black hole. Which, come to think of it, is what is happening to my UPS investment. DEAD OR ALIVE, FEYNMAN CAN RUN THE COMPANY BETTER THAN WHARTON MIKE.

A financial investment plan is a financial investment plan. My plan is to dump 25% of the original investment per year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Too bad the current management cannot produce investment results as ALL prior managements have.

FEDEX FAN

monte carlo 11 and 12
i am a loyal upser, but my investment in fdx stock was one of the best moves i've made in recent years. closed at 117.58 today...yeah! i'll sell fdx and buy ups stock back when i think it will go somewhere. so far, kramer the blowhard looks to be right. ups funds my weekly/monthly budgetary needs, but fdx looks like it will fund my retirement.

FDX...$119.13 today :thumbup1:

paganpink

Fedex 117.10 and declining right now. The market comes and goes. Although some wish UPS would set aside even more than 2 billion dollars to buy back shares that is still over 2.5% of the total outstanding and can only help the share prices this year.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Why is it that we only hear from FedEx---Monte and the Fan--when FedEx stock is up----and by the way what was their most recent dividend ?? And another question for the FedEx folks---how much cash do you have laying around----and why is it that UPS always seems to have about $5 Billion in cash at it's disposal??

Last question--why is UPS one of the only 11 companies to have AAA Bond rating??

psstdrvr

From an investment standpoint UPS sucks regardless of dividend or cash on hand. Lets see as of yesterday FDX ytd +11.4%, UPS ytd -2.2%. I'm not an avid investor but its not to hard to figure where my money is better invested.