stock price??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just as an aside......UPS came in #8 on the Customer Sevice Elite Champs list from Business Week.

1. USAA
2. Four Seasons
3. Cadillac
4. Nordstrum
5. Wegman's Food
6. Edeard Jones
7. Lexux
8. UPS
9. Eterprise
10.Starbucks

FDX was 24th. I think it was by customer's ratings.

You can see the entire list online at Business Week

michael

Chicago area
Can anyone supply some information on a comparison between UPS stock and FDX stock from the time UPS went public. Everything included (UPS dividend) as well as the increase in the stock price.

Maybe a year by year comparison (as a percent increase or decrease)

canon

Just as an aside......UPS came in #8 on the Customer Sevice Elite Champs list from Business Week.

1. USAA
2. Four Seasons
3. Cadillac
4. Nordstrum
5. Wegman's Food
6. Edeard Jones
7. Lexux
8. UPS
9. Eterprise
10.Starbucks

FDX was 24th. I think it was by customer's ratings.

You can see the entire list online at Business Week

From the USAA website:
"USAA is not a publicly traded company, so we don't answer to stockholders — we answer to our members."

UPS could take a pinch of that. We might be able to beat Wegman's Foods if we tried.
Fortune publishes a list of the top 100 companies to work for:

Wegmans is #3
Starbucks is #16
Nordstrom is #24
Edward Jones is #29
Four Seasons is #53

Google was #1. UPS didn't make the list. I wonder where we'd be on the Customer Service list if we ever made the list of best places to work.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2007/full_list/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Morningstar.com March 1, 2007
Berkshire Hathaway's 5-Star Stocks
By Justin Fuller
In addition to its just-released shareholder letter, Berkshire Hathaway also recently released its latest Form 13-friend, which disclosed the investment conglomerate's stock holdings as of Dec. 31, 2006. …Only six of Berkshire's 39 stocks boast a 5-star rating, which I think gives further credence to Buffett's statement that many of Berkshire's equity investments are "not selling at anything like bargain prices." …Morningstar analyst Peter Smith remarked on United Parcel Service, "Of the four major package delivery companies, UPS generates the best returns and strongest free cash flow. Growth opportunities abound, especially internationally, and returns are improving. We also expect management to use the firm's under-levered balance sheet in the near future for an acquisition or large share repurchases to drive shareholder value."

lifegoeson

Hopefully UPS has learned its lesson and is not planning any acquisitions for a while. Why? Just look at how the Fritz and Menlo acquisitions were completely mismanaged. Look at the ensuing unprofitable, disorganized subsidiary known as "SCS". And now there are layoffs and severances, with more to come.

moreluck

golden ticket member
NEW YORK, March 7 (newratings.com) - Analysts at Robert W Baird reiterate
their "outperform" rating on United Parcel Service. The target price is set to
$86.

S

Skeptic

Must be a great time to get in. The entire market has rebounded and ups is basically standing still. Does that mean ups is an undiscovered secret or does that mean that the market thinks it sucks?

moreluck

golden ticket member
FDX reports earnings on Weds. (21st). If they can healthily beat the street for the 7th time in a row, maybe UPS can rise a bit on their coattails. I'm really tired of re-tracing steps to reach $70 each & every week. I want to see some new highs ! !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: UPS

Citigroup analyst, Tobias M Levkovich, says, "In conjunction with
Transportation analyst John Kartsonas' downgrade of CSX Corp to 2M (Hold, Medium Risk)
from 1M (Buy, Medium Risk) on valuation, we are
removing the stock from Citigroup Investment Research's Recommended List.
Moreover, we are adding United Parcel Service to the List in its stead as we
view UPS as an attractively valued name with strong international growth
prospects. Hence, we are liquidating our CSX position in favor of UPS for
better appreciation potential."

S

SellSellSell

Can anyone supply some information on a comparison between UPS stock and FDX stock from the time UPS went public. Everything included (UPS dividend) as well as the increase in the stock price.

Maybe a year by year comparison (as a percent increase or decrease)

You sure you want to see this? Click below to see the comparison from 11/10/99 to present.

Yahoo! Finance Charts

seachange

hmmm. very interesting... Citicorp adds UPS to its list of reccomendations. wasn't the CFO (crittenburg?) going to be on the UPS board of directors, then withdrew?? coincidence... I wonder?????

S

SellSellSell

That was an awesome comps chart you did. So do you own any UPS stock? What have you invested in? You're good!!!!

Oh yeah, I have way too much UPS stock. I'm one of the dumb-a**es that tried to be a good management person and maintain a "significant ownership level." Yep - Mikey, Scotty, and my district managers have made a fool out of me and cost me a lot of money. It's not 7 digits or anything, but a high percentage of my investment $ is in UPS.

The question now becomes: where does it go from here? I don't think there's much down side at the $69 level. If you look at the chart, it looks like the buyers kick in around $68. Appears to be low risk on the down side with some potential on the up side. Might not be a bad time to get in for a trade to try to pick up a quick 10%. I think UPS just reiterated the earnings guidance so I wouldn't think there would be any negative earnings surprises coming. Of course, it's all speculation so make sure you don't invest on my thoughts. Do your homework before making any moves!!