stock

My guess its going to be very( actually I mean VERY) costly to transport goods in the future, and I think UPS and its stock price will suffer.:dissapointed:

Brownie.

Yes, but UPS is (theoretically) quite scalable - still. More costly to transport goods = less Teamsters, more contractors, and larger FDX market share.

There is GOOD money to be made at UPS' (and Teamsters') demise. Too bad, so sad.

local804

Pre IPO we were forced to purchase 1 OPL stock to 1 block of UPS stock. What if we didnt give 2 craps about opl and just wanted UPS stock? too bad.
1989 posted some big companies stocks that took a dump over the years but didnt name any that flew threw the roof(and there are plenty), I wonder why. Make your own decision on the purchase of UPS stocks with your advisor, not some person ranting and raving about how good it is online.

Channahon

Chan,
I respect you for the fact that you never pushed the DESPP on any of your employees (many of us have no clue). Was there a time when managers were encouraged to "advise" its employees to participate in the plan?

I ask this because there was a period of 3 or 4 years (around '01 to '05) that I was "advised" to participate in this plan. While I am smart enough not to take financial advice from someone whose's job is to manage packages, (I was encouraged at least 3 times privately in our one-vision talks), there are many hourlies that don't know any better.

Brownie.
When the Discounted Employee stock purchase program was first rolled out, may have been around the time you are referencing, a lot of training was done with UPS management to ensure they understood the program.

As I remember the presentations, UPS management spoke to employee participation, but were advised to not give any financial advice to UPS employees. Rather ensure the employees knew of the program and the benefits of purchasing stock at a discounted rate.

Buy low, sell high if you can with any stocks you own.
Although in today's financial mess who knows anymore?

Pre IPO we were forced to purchase 1 OPL stock to 1 block of UPS stock. What if we didnt give 2 craps about opl and just wanted UPS stock? too bad.
1989 posted some big companies stocks that took a dump over the years but didnt name any that flew threw the roof(and there are plenty), I wonder why. Make your own decision on the purchase of UPS stocks with your advisor, not some person ranting and raving about how good it is online.

You definately have to make your own financial decisions. I was just noting that UPS stock was a good monthly income generator with it's sideways move. Sold the apr 70 call today for $230.

pkg-king

I really wish I had the knowledge to know what you are talking about and how to do it. When your on the road all day, there isn't much time to be calling your broker.