Stolen DIAD

Zowert

Definitely the most bizarre thing to happen in my career at UPS. I was in the cargo area of my truck sorting with the bulkhead door open when some tweaker jumped in the cab and snatched my DIAD right out of the cradle then took off running. This dude was FAST! All I saw was a blur in the corner of my eye and by the time I got out of the truck this idiot was sprinting around a corner, DIAD in hand. What the… WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT?! You fool!

I don’t get paid to chase meth addicts around on foot, I didn’t even bother driving around looking for him. Called center, told them what happened. “Okay stay where you are, we will handle it.” Uh what?! Does this ever even happen? How the hell are you going to handle it?

About a half hour later a cop pulls up behind me. I’m thinking, great now I have to explain this Mickey Mouse BS to him. Nope. He walks up and hands me the DIAD. “You should probably keep a better eye on this.” How did you get it so fast? Okay whatever, back to work.

Still not sure how they were able to track him down that quick. I know the board must have some kind of GPS or something in it but the communication between dispatch and the police had to be difficult. They caught the dude, turns out he’s a regular down at the county lockup and he’s going back for a nice visit. Anyway, just thought I’d share this ridiculous story with you all.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Definitely the most bizarre thing to happen in my career at UPS. I was in the cargo area of my truck sorting with the bulkhead door open when some tweaker jumped in the cab and snatched my DIAD right out of the cradle then took off running. This dude was FAST! All I saw was a blur in the corner of my eye and by the time I got out of the truck this idiot was sprinting around a corner, DIAD in hand. What the… WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT?! You fool!

I don’t get paid to chase meth addicts around on foot, I didn’t even bother driving around looking for him. Called center, told them what happened. “Okay stay where you are, we will handle it.” Uh what?! Does this ever even happen? How the hell are you going to handle it?

About a half hour later a cop pulls up behind me. I’m thinking, great now I have to explain this Mickey Mouse BS to him. Nope. He walks up and hands me the DIAD. “You should probably keep a better eye on this.” How did you get it so fast? Okay whatever, back to work.

Still not sure how they were able to track him down that quick. I know the board must have some kind of GPS or something in it but the communication between dispatch and the police had to be difficult. They caught the dude, turns out he’s a regular down at the county lockup and he’s going back for a nice visit. Anyway, just thought I’d share this ridiculous story with you all.
Yea man , you ain’t catching no crack head.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah the board has gps. Call the cops tell them where the board is they pick it up. Simple

ManInBrown

You lost me at the center being competent and telling you stay where you are. Here the phone would’ve rang 62 times before someone answered. Then you would’ve been transferred to 12 different people all of which you would’ve needed to explain the entire story to each person.

Zowert

Yeah the board has gps. Call the cops tell them where the board is they pick it up. Simple
I figured as much but that dude was moving, didn’t think he would stop somewhere and hide. I was hoping he would try and pawn it, would love to see the pawnbroker’s reaction when a UPS DIAD makes it into his shop.

Zowert

You lost me at the center being competent and telling you stay where you are. Here the phone would’ve rang 62 times before someone answered. Then you would’ve been transferred to 12 different people all of which you would’ve needed to explain the entire story to each person.
They called me twice after I called them, with the same stupid question “is the police there yet?” NO! I’ll call you when they’re here.

Zowert

When they wrote out the ticket, the poor guy probably thought "DIAD" meant "Damn, I Am Dumb."
I suppose UPS could press charges for grand theft since the DIAD is probably worth around a thousand bucks. Doubt it though, the dude was probably already released. Now he’s out stealing catalytic converters.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I suppose UPS could press charges for grand theft since the DIAD is probably worth around a thousand bucks. Doubt it though, the dude was probably already released. Now he’s out stealing catalytic converters.
If they care about driver's safety, they would press charges. Word on the street travels fast.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Surprised they didn’t give you :censored2: for not pushing up those ridiculous locking mechanisms on the side of the cradle

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The crackhead got tired of constant messages from the center telling him how to be a crackhead! Tossed the diad out of frustration.