Stolen DIAD

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
84F8D377-5E82-4B2C-9B63-5D3B0B3C4322.gif

AKCoverMan

You lost me at the center being competent and telling you stay where you are. Here the phone would’ve rang 62 times before someone answered. Then you would’ve been transferred to 12 different people all of which you would’ve needed to explain the entire story to each person.
Go ahead, let the phone ring 62 times then transfer me 12 times. Need to hear the whole story again? No problem. Remember.. the meter is running. OT costs just a skosh over a dollar a minute. My 401k thanks you.

AKCoverMan

Didn't know drivers can make the choice not to work as directed?

You certainly do not need to work as directed if you are directed to do something that is unsafe, unethical, dishonest or illegal. If it’s just plain stupid but not unsafe, unethical, dishonest or illegal then your stuck.

I often butt heads when they try to hide service failures by blaming the weather. Not gonna sheet a commercial misload that can’t be delivered as “ECD” when weather isn’t the reason. Every time I tell them I cannot sheet dishonesty they change the instructions.

WorknLateHuh

He's probably viewing your edit screen to retrace your previous stops and steal pieces, and If he correctly punches in his timecard info he can probably get put on payroll.

Zowert

UPDATE: So I’m friends with the cop who’s beat is in my route area. He wasn’t the one that arrested the DIAD thief but he talked to that officer last night about it. Turns out he knows the thief too. The guys name is Michael but goes by ‘Mitch’ on the street. The cops call him Meth’d-up Mitch.

Anyway when the arresting officer found Mitch he was hiding behind a dumpster in an alley with the DIAD stuffed down his pants (good thing I smothered that thing in hand sanitizer when I got it back). The cop asked him “so what did you do to the UPS guy Mitch?” The dude lied and said, “I didn’t steal the UPS computer, he gave it to me!” Playing along for a bit the cop asked him what he planed on doing with it. Mitch said, “I don’t know, browse the internet and stuff.” Hahaha, absolutely ridiculous.

Oh yeah and our friend Mitch is being charged with larceny, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia (he had fentanyl and a meth pipe on him). He’s still in jail as of this morning.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
UPDATE: So I’m friends with the cop who’s beat is in my route area. He wasn’t the one that arrested the DIAD thief but he talked to that officer last night about it. Turns out he knows the thief too. The guys name is Michael but goes by ‘Mitch’ on the street. The cops call him Meth’d-up Mitch.

Anyway when the arresting officer found Mitch he was hiding behind a dumpster in an alley with the DIAD stuffed down his pants (good thing I smothered that thing in hand sanitizer when I got it back). The cop asked him “so what did you do to the UPS guy Mitch?” The dude lied and said, “I didn’t steal the UPS computer, he gave it to me!” Playing along for a bit the cop asked him what he planed on doing with it. Mitch said, “I don’t know, browse the internet and stuff.” Hahaha, absolutely ridiculous.

Oh yeah and our friend Mitch is being charged with larceny, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia (he had fentanyl and a meth pipe on him). He’s still in jail as of this morning.

...and out Saturday morning...

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

When he gets out you'd be wise to refer him to UPSJobs.com and do what you gotta do to get him on the route next to you. A man with that type of speed is gonna get your work piled into his 7 and 8000 shelf and you'll be on 8 hour days forever.

Attachments

• 200 (2).gif
    200 (2).gif
    790.8 KB · Views: 74

Cloud

When he gets out you'd be wise to refer him to UPSJobs.com and do what you gotta do to get him on the route next to you. A man with that type of speed is gonna get your work piled into his 7 and 8000 shelf and you'll be on 8 hour days forever.

And then you get a diad message just before you are done: "Ayyyy, I need you go help out Mitch with 30 stops"

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

BURN IT WITH FIRE!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I lost my DIAD once. I had set it down on the floor after scanning a large box and I forgot to put it back in the holder. I got to the next stop and I dug through my load twice before I made that phone call. The Center Manager knew within inches exactly where it was. I found it in the middle of an intersection beaten up a little bit, it looked like a car ran over it.