Strange icon in diad screen

upsgrunt

Hey everybody!
Friday all the drivers in our center suddenly noticed a "target" or "bullseye" icon at the bottom of the diad screen whenever we were active in a stop. Of course none of the managers or supes knew what it was, but I knew I could come on here and find out the scoop. Is this the start of the dreaded GPS software or what?
Thanks for any insight.:crying:

BrownGuy

It is called Smart Stop. The target will be green when you are within 175 yards of a delivery stop based on GPS information. If the target is red, that means you may be at the wrong location. You can override it though. It won't always be 100% accurate.

local804

Hey everybody!
Friday all the drivers in our center suddenly noticed a "target" or "bullseye" icon at the bottom of the diad screen whenever we were active in a stop. Of course none of the managers or supes knew what it was, but I knew I could come on here and find out the scoop. Is this the start of the dreaded GPS software or what?
Thanks for any insight.:crying:

You could bet your house the sups knew what it was and yes your GPS smart track is now working. You can press the timecard key then number five or six to see where you stand on the GPS grid. Welcome to our world.

browniehound

The icon will warn you when you scan the package, after you clarify the signature and when you stop complete that you are at the wrong location. I think there is still some bugs to work out because there have been days when I have been in the correct location and for 70% of my stops the thing will be beeping at me that I'm at the wrong location.

Also some of my areas have houses that are more that 2 or 3 football fields away from the street and if you had been scanning the package when you first get out of the truck (following the methods) this will be the data UPS is collecting for the stops for months so if you happen to wait to when you get to house to scan the package (perhaps it was awkward and needed both hands to carry) the bullseye will turn red and beep at you. And if you wait to get back to the street to stop complete it will turn back to green. At least this is my understanding and has been my experience of the technology.

Ms Spoken

Ain't that the truth. I have one area that makes the GPS go bananas at every stop. I even pointed the DIAD towards the sky to show the satellite I was at the correct address!:confused:1

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who points things in the sky or talks/sings to the diad. hahaha I have been around cardboard to long.

Dusty G

New guy here!

It was agreed between UPS and the Union that management had to alert us of the GPS thing the moment it was turned on. In my building they let us know that morning. That's messed up if your sups pretended not to know about it!