Sunday Delivery Roll Out

How do you think the Sunday delivery roll out will go?

• Good - No problems

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Bad - Rocky at first, but level out Mid 2020

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Ugly - We’re talking peak 2013 proportions of a disaster

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
There was no hiring freeze...allegedly. Operations was certainly shocked by that statement...
there was a legit hiring freeze for like two weeks sometime in march(?) but nobody bothered to tell the ops it was up and it was in the midst of all our other cost cutting crap so it never got officially rescinded

coo coo for coco puffs

bowhnterdon

NM,hahaha,He was the Division Manager(?) at my Building years ago. What an arrogant prick.We lost power one morning at around 7,preload was a disaster. He was downstairs on the floor with several of his henchmen. One of them was on the phone and as I walked by, I heard “Mr Massie would like the power back on,immediately!” Laughed my ass off...

Returntosender

NM,hahaha,He was the Division Manager(?) at my Building years ago. What an arrogant prick.We lost power one morning at around 7,preload was a disaster. He was downstairs on the floor with several of his henchmen. One of them was on the phone and as I walked by, I heard “Mr Massie would like the power back on,immediately!” Laughed my ass off...
He got offered a high position at another company

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I love the Mid-Summer Peak Proclumations. "We won't rent vehicles this year", "We will cover 7 days a week with current staffing," "OT will be minimal."

All this does is guarenttee you will be reacting at the last minute, when the plan that won't work falls apart

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I love the Mid-Summer Peak Proclumations. "We won't rent vehicles this year", "We will cover 7 days a week with current staffing," "OT will be minimal."

All this does is guarenttee you will be reacting at the last minute, when the plan that won't work falls apart

D8ECD0F5-FE45-4EF3-AF1E-B9D283C8F6B0.gif

JustAnotherSup

PVDs will save the day.

A PVD is highly dependable. Both in terms of the employee, and their vehicle.

A PVD always has an appropriate vehicle type for the work.

A PVD always achieves a level of performance which justifies the cost.

A PVD can load up at the HUB, and even take their send-agains back themselves. (Reference the part about having an appropriate vehicle type as well as the part about dependability. Also, does no one have areas perfect for a PVD that are 40+ miles from the HUB?)

OR, a PVD can work from a TP60 you have dropped for them. (Wait... how many of your cars can even pull a TP60?)

A PVD can deliver businesses. (Again reference the part about having an appropriate vehicle type as well as the part about dependability. Also reference the part about performance.)

A PVD will never crash.

As you can see, the plan should be PVDs.

PVDs are the future of peak.

---

Don't get me wrong, expanded PVD use can absolutely make sense in a number of areas. But there are some problems with PVDs which there doesn't seem to be a plan to address.

We're going to yet again hire people at random and hope they (and their vehicle) are good. That's not a winning strategy for selecting the right people. It's insanity. Then we're going to give them minimal training and hope for the best. And at the same time, we're going to expand what they can do (businesses) as well as greatly expand how many we're going to hire, so we're increasing the need we have for them to be good at the job while at the same time ensuring that each will receive less training and on average less supervision given how many of them there will be.

PVDs will save the day.

A PVD can load up at the HUB, and even take their send-agains back themselves. (Reference the part about having an appropriate vehicle type as well as the part about dependability. Also, does no one have areas perfect for a PVD that are 40+ miles from the HUB?)

OR, a PVD can work from a TP60 you have dropped for them. (Wait... how many of your cars can even pull a TP60?)

A PVD can deliver businesses. (Again reference the part about having an appropriate vehicle type as well as the part about dependability. Also reference the part about performance.)

A PVD will never crash.

---

Don't get me wrong, expanded PVD use can absolutely make sense in a number of areas. But there are some problems with PVDs which there doesn't seem to be a plan to address.

We're going to yet again hire people at random and hope they (and their vehicle) are good. That's not a winning strategy for selecting the right people. It's insanity. Then we're going to give them minimal training and hope for the best. And at the same time, we're going to expand what they can do (businesses) as well as greatly expand how many we're going to hire, so we're increasing the need we have for them to be good at the job while at the same time ensuring that each will receive less training and on average less supervision given how many of them there will be.
They are scabs and should be treated as such

PT Car Washer

PVDs will save the day.

A PVD will never crash.

---

Our PVD drivers last year could not do call tags or any on area pick ups. So after dropping off a rental with her deliveries I would take the empty rental and attempt the call tags on her area. Always seemed to be at the very end of the route. She was on a very rural area. She got stuck on her first delivery when the GPS told her to go down a level B road after a thaw. Took the tow truck half the day to get her out and over $2000 in damages. Plus I ended up finishing her route. You have to love meeting farm dogs at 10 at night.

Last edited: