Supervisor asking me to clear stack-outs

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
1. nope, not your problem and technically against policy anyways

2. they don't need you, your supervisors are idiots

3. no, none

4. you can't grieve management for giving you work, and you can't grieve your fellow hourlies at all

you should honestly sit down and read the contract through, or have a long talk with your Business Agent (Local union rep), you seem to be confused as to how things work at UPS

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Before started working here, the unload wasn't getting done until 9:30-10:30am every day. The pace I set is saving the company 2 hours of time and pay every single day. If they want to view me as going to school to better myself and future as copping out of work that's their own prerogative. Hurrying up and fixing slacker's stack-outs isn't a job to be done - it's letting management avoid keeping people accountable.

I stated earlier I've loaded trucks before. There isn't a single job at UPS that is actually "difficult". Difficult to the type of people they hire maybe, but in the real world painting by number with boxes isn't considered a hard job. I've asked to load trucks before too, so I'm not burnt out by the time I'm heading to class. Their response is: "Sorry we need you in the truck, no one here can unload as fast as you do."
You don't save any operations 2 hours. They were short, so they hired more people.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Before started working here, the unload wasn't getting done until 9:30-10:30am every day. The pace I set is saving the company 2 hours of time and pay every single day. If they want to view me as going to school to better myself and future as copping out of work that's their own prerogative. Hurrying up and fixing slacker's stack-outs isn't a job to be done - it's letting management avoid keeping people accountable.
tenor (2).gif

How did UPS manage the 110 years before you got here?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The fact is I'm pulling my weight and other's aren't pulling theirs, and then I'm the one to shoulder the burden they create. Sorry I made you feel insecure about your job performance. I'm sure you perform up to the Union's standards :rolleyes:
I've never had anyone complain about my work ethic or pace. I believe you had, so maybe you aren't as awsome as you seem to think you are

TheFigurehead

Lots of people have had arrangements when I worked in the hub concerning getting out at a decent time for school or another job.

Talk to somebody above your direct sup and explain the situation.

Yeah, it happens a lot. Those extra contractual agreements are not defendable by the union or the company, however. If someone in management decides to no longer care about your agreement, it's over.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Sorry if I hit a sore spot on ya'll, but the fact of the matter is in most corporate environments bottom-feeders and leeches get fired, sadly those people seem to get seniority at UPS.

You're working part-time and going to school...Whatever you think you know about corporate environments and how they treat leechers and scrub is shortsighted. In fact, you'll probably have to work harder there while your boss is leaving the office for a round of golf or he's banging some assistant.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Is there any way to ensure I can leave in a time manageable for me to get to class on time? If anything maybe file a leave of absence until December 7th when my semester ends? My schedule is only so tight because I was not awarded the job until right when my semester was starting and I couldn't change my class hours anymore. I even had to drop a 10am class so I could work here.
you leave when your done

A

Article 3

Wonderboy, if you unloaded at a safe, consistent pace the loaders wouldn't be "stacked out".
You are the problem.