Supervisor complaint - funny story

542thruNthru

So my girlfriend was due to give birth. I told my supervisor the week before I plan on taking the week off just in case anything happened I would be around. He tells me everything will be okay. So I figure, cool. I don't need to come in or check in EVERY DAY to let him know I'm NOT coming in as we spoke about. So my girlfriend gives birth on a Thursday. I come back in Monday. I get screamed at threatened, get told I'll be fired. I respond with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart. In the mean time, I'll go unload a truck" He comes back with his boss claiming I threatened him. Again, I responded with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart" The said, "Never mind. Ill get him myself"

I explained the situation about asking for the time off, my supervisor told them I never told him, I no call - no showed for a week straight and deserve to be fired.

Now I've been working there for close to 6 years. I responded with "Fired? You mean get unemployment for a bit while I get to relax my body after doing this grueling job for six years. Yes, please fire me 4 days after I had my first child so I can spend more time at home. No problem"

Sadly, they told me get my ass back to work. I was SOOO close to the promised land.

Does anyone else have any stories like this?

You might want to check but in California you don't get unemployment if they have just cause to fire you. Not showing up for a week would be enough.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You would think the supervisor would have mentioned it to a higher up and FMLA would have been discussed.

And OP, good luck getting unemployment if they sent you home.
You obviously don't know how the grown-up world works yet.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So my girlfriend was due to give birth. I told my supervisor the week before I plan on taking the week off just in case anything happened I would be around. He tells me everything will be okay. So I figure, cool. I don't need to come in or check in EVERY DAY to let him know I'm NOT coming in as we spoke about. So my girlfriend gives birth on a Thursday. I come back in Monday. I get screamed at threatened, get told I'll be fired. I respond with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart. In the mean time, I'll go unload a truck" He comes back with his boss claiming I threatened him. Again, I responded with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart" The said, "Never mind. Ill get him myself"

I explained the situation about asking for the time off, my supervisor told them I never told him, I no call - no showed for a week straight and deserve to be fired.

Now I've been working there for close to 6 years. I responded with "Fired? You mean get unemployment for a bit while I get to relax my body after doing this grueling job for six years. Yes, please fire me 4 days after I had my first child so I can spend more time at home. No problem"

Sadly, they told me get my ass back to work. I was SOOO close to the promised land.

Does anyone else have any stories like this?
Keep your job dude. The last thing you want is free time and being stuck near some crying baby!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Wasn't sure of that because I know how to use birth control ;)

Easy there hombre, you maybe missing the bigger picture. It might not be so much that you, "know how to use birth control," as it is nobody out there is willing to sleep with you!! You have the best contraception there is........UNDESIRABILITY! Don't sell yourself short, you have found an upside to being a walking A-hole!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Easy there hombre, you maybe missing the bigger picture. It might not be so much that you, "know how to use birth control," as it is nobody out there is willing to sleep with you!! You have the best contraception there is........UNDESIRABILITY! Don't sell yourself short, you have found an upside to being a walking A-hole!
Everyone seek cover! This will get ugly!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So only "desirable" aka "hot" people get laid? That is a huge, steaming pile of poo.

Dr.Brownz

Yeah AFTER the birth I agree.

I'm not sure why you'd take the week off just because she's due.

Maybe they live far away from the hospital and she needs a ride....a million reasons why. Who cares though.

Dude you are starting to sound like that Upstate guy, you need a hobby outside work or to get laid or something