Supervisor threatening me with physical violence. What steps should I take?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I've have some co-workers threaten supervisors with calling the FBI for making terroristic threats. And these sups weren't threatening actual violence, but my friends usually hit the gas pedal when they were ready to rumble.

With current events being the way they are, I would tell this clown you're going to go over his sheriff's department's head, and get the federales involved with his game. Unless this person is a bona fide sociopath, calling his bluff almost always shuts down this sort of thing.

On the other hand--also going on current events--if you DO call the FBI and report this guy, there's a good chance the FBI might forget you ever called.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Do your job honestly, let them say that in front of a union representative. Refuse to acknowledge them until one is provided.
Does that go for anything? Say I get called in to the center managers office after work and the steward is gone can I refuse to talk to them til the morning?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
there should be no comma before "and"

oh and I absolutely believe the OP...we've all seen the types of people UPS is promoting these days, especially with all of the drugs and drinking problems, ex-felons, no GEDs, etc. it's really pretty damn messed up.
Have you heard the story about my center manager getting into it with a feeder driver?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Uh, you might want to read your own link. Sleeve is correct. As your link says, an independent clause gets a comma because it can stand on it's own as a sentence. "Proper sentence structure" is not a sentence, Chief.

Chief?? Negative.

E-5 then Fonctionnaire Caporal

Were you a Mess Cook in the Army?

Returntosender

I've have some co-workers threaten supervisors with calling the FBI for making terroristic threats. And these sups weren't threatening actual violence, but my friends usually hit the gas pedal when they were ready to rumble.

With current events being the way they are, I would tell this clown you're going to go over his sheriff's department's head, and get the federales involved with his game. Unless this person is a bona fide sociopath, calling his bluff almost always shuts down this sort of thing.

On the other hand--also going on current events--if you DO call the FBI and report this guy, there's a good chance the FBI might forget you ever called.
Tell the FBI the supervisor is unstable and might become a lone wolf domestic terrorist, he might be planning active shooter event. Their are times when he threatens me with violence, he mentions he also wants to harm others as well.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You are incorrect...

"When to Use a Comma before "And""

Or you can look through the various APA formatting guides.
you are way too easy.. AND if I really cared, would have looked it up.
They absolutely want the smart employees gone. Those are the ones who read the contract and file for fmla and disability and dont believe everything their sup says
FrigidUPSer is still learning about the company and the world in general. Of course corporations do not want thinking people working in the trenches. This has been established for what, at least one century now? If you refuse to be the mindless idiot they want you to be, you will be targeted for not being a loyal, obedient follower.

Last edited:

moldsporh

It's real simple, if you have a one-party consent in your state, invest in a decent small voice recording device, even your cell phone works well but I would get a dedicated flash recorder.......and record the conversations.

Then you will have more to go on. You need to record the entire conversation, the part when you two approach each other otherwise it will be his word again yours unless you have witnesses.

Hard evidence is key.

Dr.Brownz

you are way too easy.. AND if I really cared, would have looked it up.

FrigidUPSer is still learning about the company and the world in general. Of course corporations do not want thinking people working in the trenches. This has been established for what, at least one century now? If you refuse to be the mindless idiot they want you to be, you will be targeted for not being a loyal, obedient follower.

Frigid seems like a nice kid who is drunk on the illusion of power and "going places" within ups. Lol hes beena sup less then me than I have worked for this company and I am by no means an old man. We have a sup that I always imagine is his secret identity. Same thing guy younger than me who was a pt loader for 6 months before becoming a ft on road. Lololol

dudebro

There are plenty of positions where we are STARVING for intelligent, skilled employees. Management isn't the fascist group some of you seem to imagine.