Supervisor working example

542thruNthru

Can someone show me an example of a sup working greivance? One of my sups was told to go drive by corporate.
Each local has a different looking grievance form. The main things to remember though is...

Article: Article 3.7 of the NMA and all applicable

Witness: have as many witnesses as you can put name and number

Explain: On (date) supervisor (name) drove for (number of hours). He started at (time) and finished at (time).

Relief: To be paid the proper penalty for number of hours worked by supervisor.

It's good to have evidence like other drivers that saw him on route, customers that he/she picked up from or a time card from the DIAD the supervisor was working on.

The more evidence the better.

Sir-Lifts-A-Lot

I like big trucks and I can not lie...
1617071500576.jpg.jpg

Trailer monkey

If I file will I get the money,I was told by my steward if I file the person with the highest seniority gets the money?My local is weak at my hub,the sups are pretty much working non stop in front of our steward.
The local is weak because the members are apathetic and uninvolved, GET ACTIVE! it makes a difference. Here's the NMUPSA language. There is nothing about it going to the highest seniority, I've never heard such BS, unless the language is in your supplement

(d) If it is determined at any step of the grievance and/or arbitration procedure that this Section, or a “supervisor working” provision in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, has been violated, the aggrieved employee will be paid as follows: (i) if the actual hours worked by the supervisor amounts to two (2) hours or less, the aggrieved employee will be paid for the actual hours worked by the supervisor at the rate of double time the employee’s rate of pay at the time of the incident; or (ii) if the supervisor works more than two (2) hours, the aggrieved employee shall be paid four (4) hours at straight time or actual hours worked at double time the employee’s rate of pay at the time of the incident, whichever is greater.

PT Car Washer

The local is weak because the members are apathetic and uninvolved, GET ACTIVE! it makes a difference. Here's the NMUPSA language. There is nothing about it going to the highest seniority, I've never heard such BS, unless the language is in your supplement

(d) If it is determined at any step of the grievance and/or arbitration procedure that this Section, or a “supervisor working” provision in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, has been violated, the aggrieved employee will be paid as follows: (i) if the actual hours worked by the supervisor amounts to two (2) hours or less, the aggrieved employee will be paid for the actual hours worked by the supervisor at the rate of double time the employee’s rate of pay at the time of the incident; or (ii) if the supervisor works more than two (2) hours, the aggrieved employee shall be paid four (4) hours at straight time or actual hours worked at double time the employee’s rate of pay at the time of the incident, whichever is greater.
The biggest problem is putting a stopwatch on sups working when they run over and break a jamb and then push packages down the rollers and then grab a misload out of the trailers then tape up a rewrap. Sure they are working constantly but only for a couple minuets or less at a time. Of course management says the sups are training new guys which is true with the PT turnover in the outbounds.

Trailer monkey

The biggest problem is putting a stopwatch on sups working when they run over and break a jamb and then push packages down the rollers and then grab a misload out of the trailers then tape up a rewrap. Sure they are working constantly but only for a couple minuets or less at a time. Of course management says the sups are training new guys which is true with the PT turnover in the outbounds.
So long as someone is watching them. They can't work along side a new hire under our supplement, I don't know about others

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I got a sup that pulls bulk for an hour at least at the end of every shift in view of the steward.I have another sup that loads at least 20-30 minutes every night.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Ok so here is something I have seen a few times. Extra work of some kind (help with vehicle lineup, etc) will be offered to union members. Everybody says no. Instead of forcing the supes just do the work. That is still a grievance right?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

So if I got the unit manager working for 40 minutes have an idea what that amounts to? Is it double my pay rate or double the managers pay rate?