Supervisor working merged his DIAD with a drivers DIAD.

kingOFchester

Yes, I have seen this done. They like to add the work to someone who hasn't gotten seniority. No bonus is paid out for the "extra" work.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We had supes used to do it ALL the time, but the culture around here has changed over the last few years so it SEEMS that its done with for now

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Haven't seen that in a long time. The last center manager that we had that would do that is now a Division Manager.

Yep, there is a glut of Division Managers and no room for promotion so this has become less common.

Once some of the old-timers leave and there are openings, this activity will pick up.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have heard of this, but never could prove what you hear and see. It would not surprise me.

I have seen it and it is very easy to prove.
Have the delivery records printed out and ask them how the driver in question could be in two different geographical locations, miles apart, at the same time.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This practice has been at UPS for the last 30 years. 20 years ago when production was paid, our center managers would send a sup out to do pickups and then transfer those pickup pieces to one of the senior drivers. The drivers planned day would go up and production was paid.

Today, for the most part, there is no production paid (unless someone is cheating) and the transferring of stops and pieces would have little to no effect. The IE plan is for at least 1 hour in the hole and any stops or pieces transferred would only bring the driver closer to scratch.

The issue becomes whether or not the supervisor was doing this to avoid detection, or simply doing what I said and getting the driver closer to scratch. Any work on a diad is a "timecard" and this timecard must be kept in order to prove a supervisor was working if a grievance was filed.

As we all know, since the big changeover in calculations, the center managers have done everything possible to cheat the system and not get caught. Things like "mis coding" missed packages with a NOT READY 1 to avoid showing on a list and keeping ontime deliveries within M.A.R.

falsifying records in also nothing new to UPS management.

If no grievance was filed, and all the drivers knew this was happening including the driver it was transferred to, then i dont see a problem. If this was an attempt at being dishonest, then someone should have filed a grievance and requested the time.

Sometimes, circumstances arise where the company exhausts all its avenues and supes have to go out and do work, in this case, if the work was transferred to an hourly, then I wouldnt have a problem with it as long as the work went to a senior hourly.

Remember, i said "EXHAUSTS"..

peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Allowing them to merge time cards and not calling them out on it? This enables them to do it again and will hide the real issues. The only way for you to prove there is a staffing problem or fudging numbers is to have their time card. It also raises production standards for they guy that got the work added.