Supervisor Working

Hadjabear

This has been an issue for a while, last time I talked to a steward about filing the answer I got was UPS can't hire enough part time employees. They have lists up for double shifting but who knows if they even call people on it. Another issue now is they switched to a staggered break and the supervisor covers the work while they take 10mins so they get 70-80mins of stolen time.

I'm in feeders now so they aren't stealing the work from me, I can't offer to do the work because I have my own to do. Don't expect the part timers to care, most either there for benefits or not worth the extra work at $10-12/hr.

How can I file even if it's at least to create awareness to the union higher ups or to help change this mindset of not caring.

P.S. part time and full time are different locals, I can't imagine my local caring about issues that don't concern them.

Hadjabear

For me personally, no. But I think in the long run yes, when most part timers are there to collect a check they stop caring about safety and quality it's not good for the success of the company