Supplements being forced too

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
There might be something we can do....not a sure bet and may take some time. We can petition the NLRB to look into this loophole. Regardless of its existence they could still find it unconstitutional and find the union guilty of not representing us fairly. The union is obligated to represent us it’s dues paying members fairly and without prejudice. They can force the union to disclose all paperwork and notes in the bargaining and make them demonstrate that they represented us fairly and up to their legal obligation.

browned out

Why should I give them another dime when my pension is going to be insolvent by 2024? If I stopped paying off my car they’d come and take it.

You are literally paying $ for corrupt Hoffa/Taylor's Super Bowl Tickets and 5 * Hotel stays while they cut your benefits and take more of your money. You are paying the Teamsters to fire you...WTF... They work for UPS; The Teamsters do not represent you or I.

These pieces of garbage never sent anyone of us a Teamster constitution. That in and of itself is OK; I guess.
But, these pieces of garbage had a duty to inform every single dues paying member of the 2/3 and 50% voter thresholds. They are a GD disgrace. OPT OUT It ain't changing anytime soon.

Mooseknuckle

There might be something we can do....not a sure bet and may take some time. We can petition the NLRB to look into this loophole. Regardless of its existence they could still find it unconstitutional and find the union guilty of not representing us fairly. The union is obligated to represent us it’s dues paying members fairly and without prejudice. They can force the union to disclose all paperwork and notes in the bargaining and make them demonstrate that they represented us fairly and up to their legal obligation.
I'm told too that this is the 1st negotiations where they had a court reporter at every meeting.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I'm told too that this is the 1st negotiations where they had a court reporter at every meeting.
Have a good friend who is a chief negotiator for our county. Been negotiating contracts for almost 20 years with various unions. Said she’s never seen this before and explained that “last and final” offers are always presented well after the first offer and never come without written documentation confirming such. Bottom line, this stinks and taking UPS’s reaction into consideration they too don’t like it.

I made it up.

I should sick my dog on you...it's a special dog...

FullSizeR.jpg

Mooseknuckle

Have a good friend who is a chief negotiator for our county. Been negotiating contracts for almost 20 years with various unions. Said she’s never seen this before and explained that “last and final” offers are always presented well after the first offer and never come without written documentation confirming such. Bottom line, this stinks and taking UPS’s reaction into consideration they too don’t like it.
I guess that's the reason they wanted to have the strike authorization before the vote. We authorized them to strike without a further vote. I guess they could later say that they took this into consideration as for it being a final offer. Idk. Not straight forward at all and, with so many people's careers affected you would think they would be.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I guess that's the reason they wanted to have the strike authorization before the vote. We authorized them to strike without a further vote. I guess they could later say that they took this into consideration as for it being a final offer. Idk. Not straight forward at all and, with so many people's careers affected you would think they would be.
Only the NLRB has the power to force them to fully disclose everything. The union is legally bound to bargain in good faith on our behalf.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
we in the 804 stomped this down pretty damn hard thank god. we never had a finished negotiated supplement to vote on in the first place. i gotta tell ya though, moving forward to get ours done and the master ratified (if that's whats going to happen) may be a long time coming being that we just ousted our president for shenanigans like month ago and we have a e-board election in November and who knows who's next on our throne. plus we got a lot of other issues here that stalled our negotiations in the first place

Mooseknuckle

we in the 804 stomped this down pretty damn hard thank god. we never had a finished negotiated supplement to vote on in the first place. i gotta tell ya though, moving forward to get ours done and the master ratified (if that's whats going to happen) may be a long time coming being that we just ousted our president for shenanigans like month ago and we have a e-board election in November and who knows who's next on our throne. plus we got a lot of other issues here that stalled our negotiations in the first place
Wasn't 804 one of the ones that they're imposing?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Wasn't 804 one of the ones that they're imposing?
hell no.
The following supplements are rejected because more than 50% of the members voted and/or more than two-thirds Voted No: Local 804 Supplement, Upstate New York Supplement, the TCI Supplement, Western Pennsylvania Supplement, and Central Pennsylvania Supplement.

didnt realize dave had his own! lol

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

What is your main issue with your supplement, and what improvements are needed to get your supplement passed?

I am from the "Central".

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
What is your main issue with your supplement, and what improvements are needed to get your supplement passed?

I am from the "Central".

black friday for one. we still cant be forced to work that day. also the fact that we have ZERO partimers delivering any kind of ground or being any kind of "temporary, vacation cover or utility driver" whatsoever and strongly oppose 22.4 combo drivers and want them basically outlawed in our local from what ive heard. then there's some kinda pension monies that are supposedly owed back to ups that we "borrowed" like 2 e-boards ago that we are arguing over so we can raise our independent pension.

drifter

You are not the priority of the IBT. The priority, is to keep the dues coming in. Very plain and simple. A raise doesn't mean much to the IBT. It's fractional to them. If a strike happens, there are no more dues coming in. Not only that, the IBT will be paying OUT of the strike fund. Now the officers are REALLY working now, to get this settled quickly as possible because they are losing money daily now. Conversely, the contract gets passed, like it or not. The dues never stop coming in. No money out of the strike fund. And the officers go back to drinks and lunch, along with the occasional party. Not difficult.
The dues still comes in during a strike. If your dues is not paid you won’t get strike benefits

Mooseknuckle

black friday for one. we still cant be forced to work that day. also the fact that we have ZERO partimers delivering any kind of ground or being any kind of "temporary, vacation cover or utility driver" whatsoever and strongly oppose 22.4 combo drivers and want them basically outlawed in our local from what ive heard. then there's some kinda pension monies that are supposedly owed back to ups that we "borrowed" like 2 e-boards ago that we are arguing over so we can raise our independent pension.
From working in an area where they do have cover drivers I absolutely promise that you are correct. YOU DO NOT WANT IT AT ALL!

browned out

Way to go 804. Hopefully.....you are able to obtain some improvements. Unless, the Hoffa/Taylor team just says FU and claims that you are holding up the agreement...Now THEY must force it thru. Screw that. Nationwide WE SUPPORT all the hardworking UPSers who voted their supplements down.

It appears that Hoffa/Taylor are pushing our Central States Supplement and our rider thru. In 2013; we were able to achieve improvements on the trash they tried to push thru. We got to vote again even thought our supplements were not voted down by 2/3 and the 50% voter threshold were not reached.