Support our fellow working discharged NY drivers.

member6045

[quote"realbrown1, post: 1296835, member: 46221"]I think Hoffa would stop playing golf with CEO's for a minute, to help save 250 teamster jobs.

Wouldn't he?
Doubt It......after golf, he has to go count,kickback money![/quote]

Tim does not want help.

Remember? When a TDU local steps in poop! What do they do? Blame someone else!

Brown Spider

If the union have such a strong case for the actions by this Eboard than please someone tell me when is the arbitration hearing?!...
If the union have such a strong case? Seriously bigd, is English your second language? All that aside, I think that assessing the merits of the Union's case and scheduling an arbitration are two very different matters. And if I did, in fact, know when the hearing in question is scheduled, WHY ON EARTH WOULD I TELL YOU?
You've done nothing on this thread but trash the Executive Board, misrepresent Supplemental contractual language, reference language from the Master Agreement that just does not apply, and in general carry water for UPS! Why don't you just ask UPS when the hearing is scheduled? There are times when Union members put their political differences aside and stand together for the greater good of the Union and the membership. You seem totally incapable of grasping that basic concept. The language in Article 18, Section 4 of the Local 804 Supplement has been referenced on this thread several times. More recently, the Melville arbitrator's written decision which references the right of the Union "to engage in a job action only if the Company fails to abide by the procedures for the settlement of disputes and differences....."! has been referenced. Despite these compelling arguments on behalf of 250 of our co-workers and Union brothers, you insist on continuing to play politics. Just two more points bigdOPE, 1) it should be "If the Union has such a strong case?" and 2) The local election is over and you guys lost!

BrownDooDoo

See now UPS management wants to flex this contractual procedure BULL:censored2: when they have supervisors working ACROSS THE COUNTRY daily....a blatant disregard for contractual provisions.....

So in other words, the parts of the contract they like, they flex. If they don't like it....ehhhh :censored2: that article....

WHY CAN'T WE FIRE UPPER MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY VIOLATE THE CONTRACT BUT THEY CAN FIRE US?!?!?!?!

This is SICK. 250 people don't up and walk out of work for a petty issue.

Not all the drivers walked so the one's who did are stupid you say?

That's cause the rest are too scared.

Yeah yeah yeah the contract says this and it says that. I don't know about your hubs but in mine the contract basically doesnt exist...the management ignores what they want to ignore, so why can't we?

All of you who are too scared to STAND UP and UNIFY against this mistreatment are perpetuating the problem.

Anyone who says "just shut the :censored2: up and thank God you even have a job" is perpetuating the problem. We have rights as employees and humans, but if the majority of you want to give that up I guess I better take my vaseline with me every where and get :censored2:ed

member6045

If the union have such a strong case? Seriously bigd, is English your second language? All that aside, I think that assessing the merits of the Union's case and scheduling an arbitration are two very different matters. And if I did, in fact, know when the hearing in question is scheduled, WHY ON EARTH WOULD I TELL YOU?
You've done nothing on this thread but trash the Executive Board, misrepresent Supplemental contractual language, reference language from the Master Agreement that just does not apply, and in general carry water for UPS! Why don't you just ask UPS when the hearing is scheduled? There are times when Union members put their political differences aside and stand together for the greater good of the Union and the membership. You seem totally incapable of grasping that basic concept. The language in Article 18, Section 4 of the Local 804 Supplement has been referenced on this thread several times. More recently, the Melville arbitrator's written decision which references the right of the Union "to engage in a job action only if the Company fails to abide by the procedures for the settlement of disputes and differences....."! has been referenced. Despite these compelling arguments on behalf of 250 of our co-workers and Union brothers, you insist on continuing to play politics. Just two more points bigdOPE, 1) it should be "If the Union has such a strong case?" and 2) The local election is over and you guys lost!

Calling ALL BROWNS!!!! Would you have walked out with Liam? Yes or no! Fake a?? Grammar thugs!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Calling ALL BROWNS!!!! Would you have walked out with Liam? Yes or no! Fake a?? Grammar thugs!!

If my BA and shop stewards say let's walk, I WALK.

You would probably stay in the building you POS.

Brown Spider

"Fake a?? Grammar thugs!!"? Awwww member 6045! I can't believe you'd damage our fragile relationship like this! Can't we talk this out? By the way, everything that I said to bigd applies equally to you. See, I wasn't playing favorites, buddy!

804 member

99% - 100% of the membership support the 250. But with that said I can't see more than 10% walking out and risking their jobs. Call it what you want but Liam did put these drivers at risk and if my BA says walk he might be standing in a crowd by himself.
I am not saying we don't support the 250 but we have no faith in the gutless board.

Sent using BrownCafe App

804 member

Liam showed guts but was stupid with the timing. Don't wild cat. There are many other ways to win this battle. I thought he was intelligent , he couldn't think of a better way?

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownDooDoo

Maybe nothing else was working. Idk though.

My big issues is that they want to flex this contractual procedure stuff, but I bet supervisors work in that hub all the time. Is the egress always properly maintained? Can't flex one without flexing em all.

member6045

"Fake a?? Grammar thugs!!"? Awwww member 6045! I can't believe you'd damage our fragile relationship like this! Can't we talk this out? By the way, everything that I said to bigd applies equally to you. See, I wasn't playing favorites, buddy!

I can say I personally am proud I can speak different languages. I clearly see from other post that you have problems with people from other boarders of the country! Just proves your small minded! And refuse to grow!! U can't teach an ole dawg new tricks. So wit dat! Let stick to topic! Your the smart guy with no good answer to cold oatmeal.

member6045

If my BA and shop stewards say let's walk, I WALK.

You would probably stay in the building you POS.

Great! You had plenty of opportunity! You probably ran into the bathroom!! You pillow bitter.

member6045

Great! You had plenty of opportunity! You probably ran into the bathroom!! You pillow bitter.

Your wanna be tough words sound like the lion from wizard of oz! Let me em!! Let me at em!! Don't forget the paw swing.

bigd

The union has been too quiet on the whole situation. I think they realize the best solution may be to sacrifice Liam but are unwilling to do it.

Ohh... You are talking about that offer?!

Well I think that offer is off the table after PCM given by all center managers in the district this morning.

local 804 Eboard you all need to resign!

Brown Spider

I can say I personally am proud I can speak different languages. I clearly see from other post that you have problems with people from other boarders of the country! Just proves your small minded! And refuse to grow!! U can't teach an ole dawg new tricks. So wit dat! Let stick to topic! Your the smart guy with no good answer to cold oatmeal.

I'm also pleased that you can speak different languages, member 6045. Have you considered choosing the one that you are most fluent in and posting in that language? It might make things easier. By the way, and, damn....I hate to mention this after your "Fake a?? Grammar thugs!!" comment...but it's borders, not boarders. Ya' see...boarders are people who rent rooms. Borders are the lines that separate towns, states, countries, etc.

stink219

Actually, a good BA knows not to jeopardize the members. This is where the 804 BA failed. He put members money where his mouth was.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

bigd

You've done nothing on this thread but trash the Executive Board, misrepresent Supplemental contractual language, reference language from the Master Agreement that just does not apply, and in general carry water for UPS! Why don't you just ask UPS when the hearing is scheduled? There are times when Union members put their political differences aside and stand together for the greater good of the Union and the membership. You seem totally incapable of grasping that basic concept. The language in Article 18, Section 4 of the Local 804 Supplement has been referenced on this thread several times. More recently, the Melville arbitrator's written decision which references the right of the Union "to engage in a job action only if the Company fails to abide by the procedures for the settlement of disputes and differences....."! has been referenced. Despite these compelling arguments on behalf of 250 of our co-workers and Union brothers, you insist on continuing to play politics. Just two more points bigdOPE, 1) it should be "If the Union has such a strong case?" and 2) The local election is over
and you guys lost!

By the way I do speak 3 languages;
1 English
2 Commonsense
3 The truth

Now keep trying!