Sups doing bargaining unit work

I've attempted to help employees only to have it rammed up my you know what with a Grievance. I once got grieved for not allowing an employee to let his kids sleep in his car in the parking lot while he worked OT. I actually #1 cared about the safety of his kids and #2 it's not in the best interest of the company.

And if the kid had gotten hurt or died in the parking lot, it would have been your job that would have gotten rid of. That's just a dumb employee. Putting their job before the safety of their family for an extra $10 in the paycheck. Someone needs to get their priorities straight.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
5 Minuted here and ther may not seem like much but lets do a little math.

Use for example our center here, we have aproximately 20 or so p/t sups on duty every day. If half of them decide to help out for 5 minutes say 3 times a week then you have 2.5 hrs a week now multiply that by the number of centers in just the USA (I know this is not an accurate number, just pulled it out of the air)1000x2.5=2500hrs of free labor a week. divide that by the 17.5hrs guaranteed to a part timer for a week and you have about 143 jobsthat could be filled by a teamster!!!

EVERY MINUTE YOU ALLOW A SUP TO DO BARGAINING UNIT WORK IS FOOD OUT OF A FELLOW TEAMSTERS MOUTH!!!!!

UPSSOCKS

This is why I hate the union; so many worthless walks of life that think it is cool to file grievances. Everytime your wife or children go to the doctors and you don't pay a cent think about your stupid five minute grievance. UPS is one of the few companies left that give part time employees (remember you jokers are only guaranteed 17.5 hours a week) full coverage for you and your family for nothing.... Get out your crooked calculators and see what your coverage would cost if you had to pay for it.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I agree give them an inch and they will take a yard . Sups doing precharge,after sort clean up, etc. Need to educate the workers in the power of the grievance

UPSSOCKS

The more greivances you file the more added costs you create for the company. You package drivers wonder why routes get cut. You P/T hub and center guys wonder why your time gets cut. It's because yum yums just like you are creating added cost for the company....

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hey socks I don't as a rule file grievances at the drop of a hat . I notify the sort manager when I see an infraction and try to correct the situation I also work hard at two jobs and and try to be above reproach doing my hours at UPS and feel every bit entitled to the benefits the IBT has secured for me. You are probably the sup that finishes loading the truck when I am sent home.

HAHA..True dat! We had p/t sups pulling trucks in & out of the building to be unloaded/fueled, because out fuelers are too lazy to do so. And they were both good guys, who moved up from the line into that position.
On the other hand we have a guy on our belt that will yell at supervisors when the DON'T help when we're short handed, yet he is the first to file...

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Added costs for the company? Unless I missed something the company signed the same agreement as the IBT. Where does it say they can disregard Article 3-7 ? This isn't the cafeteria. You do not get to choose.
What brain washing machine did they use on you? Please do not touch my work. I accomplish it efficientley more often than not in the prescribed three and a half. You just stand back supervise and proudly display the polo of the hitler youth.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
This is why I hate the union; so many worthless walks of life that think it is cool to file grievances. Everytime your wife or children go to the doctors and you don't pay a cent think about your stupid five minute grievance. UPS is one of the few companies left that give part time employees (remember you jokers are only guaranteed 17.5 hours a week) full coverage for you and your family for nothing.... Get out your crooked calculators and see what your coverage would cost if you had to pay for it.

Hope you are perfect!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The more greivances you file the more added costs you create for the company. You package drivers wonder why routes get cut. You P/T hub and center guys wonder why your time gets cut. It's because yum yums just like you are creating added cost for the company....

TROLL!!!

UPSSOCKS

Added costs for the company? Unless I missed something the company signed the same agreement as the IBT. Where does it say they can disregard Article 3-7 ? This isn't the cafeteria. You do not get to choose.
What brain washing machine did they use on you? Please do not touch my work. I accomplish it efficientley more often than not in the prescribed three and a half. You just stand back supervise and proudly display the polo of the hitler youth.

Not your work. It's UPS's work; they own it. Whoever I tell to do the work, does the work. As far as your Article 3-7, I disregard it everyday.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Why don't you share your views with your district labor manager? I sure he or she would be happy with your disregard of the contract.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Not only are you a contract breaker but also a sneak. What started you on this path to the dark side? Was it the Darth Vader school for hub management ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not your work. It's UPS's work; they own it. Whoever I tell to do the work, does the work. As far as your Article 3-7, I disregard it everyday.

Then you pay twice whenever somebody has the stones to grieve!!!
It absolutely is "our" (teamster) work.
UPS doesn't own it, they CONTRACTED it out.
So until the CONTRACT expires that IS how it IS.
Come to work as a supervisor in my building, I'll have you for lunch.

M

Mike23

I've seen memos encouraging it.
Helps union employees out by helping them through tough periods so they are fresher and aren't as tired.
UPS cares about it's people and wants them to feel good.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that the crap their feeding the management team? It couldn't be that managers are on salary or paid less then union employees and so it saves them money to lay off a union employee and substitute him for a manager?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sarcasm is a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule. Sarcasm has been raised to an art form here on Brown Cafe courtesy of our friend from Innoplex.

DS

Fenderbender
Sometimes you get labelled a troublemaker if all you do is come in early to catch supervisors working.I've seen people fired for stupid things just because they spoke up too often.They usually get thier jobs back but at what expense?The teamsters up here are next to useless