SUP's shocked after filing a 9.5 grievance.

FilingBluesFL

So last week we had record rainfall Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.

Monday I was out until after 8pm with 115 stops and 18 pickups, covering the area of two routes, because one was "cut out of necessity."

So then Tuesday and Wednesday while still having rain falling all day long, streets flooded, low visibility, they, in all their wisdom, added another 20-30 stops on to the route.

It's amazing how they have no problem sending us out into conditions like that, until nearly 10 pm, feet and shoes soggy for 12-14 hour days, and then when you file a grievance, they just have their mind blown, as if you just ran over their dog or something.

"Well, so and so did that route today, and he was in by 7 with only 115 stops" "Oh, well that's nice, did you look up here on the board? Do you see where you have ANOTHER ROUTE added into that loop? The one that WASN'T there all last week while I was out for 12-14 hours each day in record rainfall and flooding? Remember when you guys said you'd work to fix the 9.5 issue and not keep me out past 8pm? 10pm is 2 hours AFTER 8 pm..."

Probly my last bonus check of the year, lets see if it gets to me before Christmas...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol got a message today that there was severe weather in my are. I said I know been soaked for 30 minutes it just quit.

​This is place is amazing.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Act just as stupid and stuned when they ask u any question........and I mean any question at all!!! Lol... It's all a big game. Don't let them win

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The bottom line is that we work for stupid, greedy people.

I know you think you're a gifted thinker, great tactical warrior and all, but it is so easy to sit on the bench criticizing those that are required to make the plays and advance the ball. (Get the anology)? If you have what it takes to run the business better, why aren't you working at that capacity and trying to make a difference? I bet you'll have some profound comment, but the "bottom line" as you call it is that without people keeping the business running that you are at the front line of, using the vehicle and tools provided to you, you would be sitting on the bench somewhere else criticizing along with the other whiners and gifted anonymous forum experts at all things. Oh what? You do your job for UPS every day in spite of the idiots?? Guess what. You're probably seen as one of the bigger idiots in your work center based on what you post here.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I know you think you're a gifted thinker, great tactical warrior and all, but it is so easy to sit on the bench criticizing those that are required to make the plays and advance the ball. (Get the anology)? If you have what it takes to run the business better, why aren't you working at that capacity and trying to make a difference? I bet you'll have some profound comment, but the "bottom line" as you call it is that without people keeping the business running that you are at the front line of, using the vehicle and tools provided to you, you would be sitting on the bench somewhere else criticizing along with the other whiners and gifted anonymous forum experts at all things. Oh what? You do your job for UPS every day in spite of the idiots?? Guess what. You're probably seen as one of the bigger idiots in your work center based on what you post here.

Thank you for your unending service to society, oh mighty job creator. We bow before your infinite wisdom and ability to extract ever more blood from a stone.

Indecisi0n

Honestly if I thought management could make a difference I would go into management. I have a college degree and UPS has been trying to get me to cross over since I started. UPS management no longer has an opinion. They are given orders from the top and have no authority to deviate from that order. Doesn't matter how stupid the decision is you follow it. This makes UPS "stupid" in man drivers eyes and I sort of agree.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The analogy is from football, one of the most stupid, mediocre, corrupted sports in our bottomless pit, selfish culture. You surely are management.

Ingraining the unthinking sports-culture mindset into operations and inside of any workplace, sounds like methodology of greedy, narcissistic control-freaks.

But what do I know ;)

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The analogy is from football, one of the most stupid, mediocre, corrupted sports in our bottomless pit, selfish culture. You surely are management.

Ingraining the unthinking sports-culture mindset into operations and inside of any workplace, sounds like methodology of greedy, narcissistic control-freaks.

But what do I know ;)

I am management and I am neither stupid nor greedy. I could just as easily categorize ALL union workers as stupid and lazy, but I don't and i won't because I THINK about being in their shoes. I'm expected to give impeccable orders every second I'm here and for every given scenario. Do I make mistakes/ Yes. Do I make people unhappy? yes. Do I get pleasure out of making them unhappy? yes, but only those that give me a hard time when I am trying to make the best of a bad situiation. Nothing different than real life. So, be a little more considerate and everyone will be better as a result.